Senior Software Engineer, Client Services Rocket Whale
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED As a Client Services Senior Software Engineer at Rocket Whale, you'll work on our flagship client product architecting and developing world-class advertising & big data analytics software.
Who We Are
We believe that amazing things happen when talented, driven and fun people come together and bust their asses to achieve a shared vision. That vision drives us to deliver software design and development services that support the development of the next generation of policy management software, which is 1 of about 20 segments of the $6B/year GRC software market. This software helps manage the lifecycle of company policies and automates and improves a plethora of related tasks, which helps companies systematize their business and stay in compliance with assorted regulations. Our culture at a glance:
- We're smart, fun people who get shit done.
- We're fanatical about testing, automation and systematizing.
- Our development is driven by content-out interface design.
- We highly value trust, honesty and open communication and exemplify our 10 dimensions (http://rocketwhale.com/about/ten-dimensions).
Who You Are
This is a senior position which, to us, means:
- You live the 10 dimensions at almost all times and coach others within the organization to demonstrate them.
- You can be given high-level goals and you'll achieve them at a rapid pace without supervision, involving others when necessary.
- You're an expert within your technical domain and coach others within the organization.
What You'll Do
You will build our client's flagship, enterprise-level product (think Google AdWords meets Google Analytics). If you worked on this project over the past several months, you might have done these things:
- Architected a database schema and server API to display real time data.
- Passionately debated how a new feature should be implemented with a product manager and UI designer.
- Created a multi-level CRUD interface for objects within a tree structure.
- Created an interactive chart using d3 and Rickshaw.
- Designed a Role Based Access Control (RBAC) system to meet specifications.
- Spent 4-6 weeks refactoring the database that supports an entire product, including migration and testing.
Using these technologies:
- Front-end: Ext JS 4, CSS3/SASS/Compass and more.
- Back-end: Ruby on Rails 3, node.js, MySQL, MongoDB and more.
What You've Done
- A demonstrated passion for software development.
- Experience building and shipping rock solid software.
- A very strong background with Ruby on Rails or equivalent experience that makes it clear you'll excel at it in time.
- References that are happy to talk about what an amazing software architect and person you are.
- Experience leading and coaching other developers.
What You'll Get
This is an opportunity to be one of our earliest full-time employees and to work with a team of driven, motivated and fun people at a bootstrapped, profitable startup with a bright future. You'll get:
- A results-oriented work environment.
- The laptop and workstation you need to succeed that becomes yours after a year.
- A start as a full-time employee with the salary, equity and benefits you need to be happy.
- A one-month and three-month performance review to make sure things are working out. If you aren't happy after a month, we'll give you $1500 to walk away.
- Unlimited future growth opportunities at an early stage startup.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We're building HowTracker, a cloud-based employee handbook platform for small- to medium-sized businesses which automates and manages the document lifecycle of a company policy.
We're profitably bootstrapping this product with software consulting services. Our current headline project is a self-serve web app that gives internal users, enterprise clients and ad agencies the ability to manage banner ad campaigns and view related big-data analytics. It's Google AdWords meets Google Analytics for banner ads.
< 5M RaisedSelf Funded All Jobs: at Rocket Whale
|Headquarters:||686 Greenwood Ave NE|
Atlanta, GA 30306
|Company Profile:||We believe that amazing things happen when talented, driven and fun people come together and bust their asses to achieve a shared vision. These visions typically require us to turn complex ideas into working, beautiful, and user-friendly software in a rapid and open manner. Ironically enough, this is what we're great at.
Our relationships with our clients and employees are built on trust and we strive to be honest and direct at all times. In general, we are fun, smart people that get shit done.
When you hire us, you'll play an integral and active role in your project as you direct us to develop whatever is most valuable to you and your customers at that time. You'll quickly receive working, valuable software upon which we iterate over time.
When you work for us, you'll be expected to live our 10 core dimensions (http://rocketwhale.com/about/ten-dimensions) and to care an awful lot about your teammates, our products and our clients.|
Support Rocket Whale with Social Media services