Senior Software Engineer - Core Data - Hadoop + HBase HubSpot
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
HubSpot is looking for hackers and software engineers who are interested in solving complex problems and being part of one of the fastest growing, most ambitious engineering teams in the world. HubSpot engineers work in small teams with minimal process and are given the freedom to do big things and own the software they create.
HubSpot's core data teams need help building out the infrastructure that can support billions of records. We have a variety of applications built on top of Hadoop, HBase, and ZooKeeper.
We are looking for engineers who can help contribute to the following:
- Analytics processing - multiple pipelines running 24/7 on large Hadoop clusters. We are looking for help making these faster (realtime), more reliable (no downtime or lag), and scalable (support enormous customers, and many thousands of simultaneous customers.)
- Contacts storage and segmentation - we store millions of customer's contacts, and allow them to segment these records into thousands of lists. These lists must be kept up-to-date every time any contact's properties change. Contacts is the core data API that serves hundreds of requests per second to any number of systems inside and outside of HubSpot.
- Email sending - our email system sends millions of messages every day. We're looking to send more, faster, and smarter (automatically send emails at optimal times for every single receipent.)
- Task Queues - we're big fans of Google App Engine when it's fast and cost-effective. One of the services we think they got right was Task Queues, so we built our own. Now, there are dozens of applications using task queues to do pass data quickly and reliably. We want to continue to build these kinds of services that everyone benefits from.
HubSpot judges candidates on potential, not a list of skills. That being said, we're paying attention if you have experience:
- Scaling web APIs to thousands of concurrent requests
- Working with distributed systems - gracefully handing failures and partitioning data for maximum throughput
- Designing databases and caching layers that don't falllover during peak loads.
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, HBase, ZooKeeper. These systems are the heart of our core applications but require a keen hand to keep them running smoothly and efficiently.
â€‹As an engineer you will get a MacBook Air and a GitHub Enterprise account on your first day. Working closely with your team, you will start shipping production code right away.
Come help us build real products that thousands of customers depend on.
||Cambridge, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED