Senior Software Engineer, Data Science Team Trulia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sr. Software Engineer, Trulia Data Science Team
The Data Science Team
Trulia has a large number of data sets related to real estate, geography, and its users. The Data Science Team is focused on converting this data into improved and new product offerings. Examples of types of projects the team works on include property ranking and email targeting algorithms. The team is responsible for all aspects of these projects, from ideation to research to development to productization.
The Sr. Software Engineer Role
The data science team is still a relatively new team within Trulia, composed of people who are strong in AI, machine learning, and network science. While it is a mantra of our team that everyone is able and willing to code, we are now looking for someone particularly strong in engineering and experienced with the entire life cycle of software projects to join. This individual's first priority will be to build infrastructure and put in place processes to ensure that the team's existing models continue to perform well, and then to begin to develop second-generation versions of these systems. Beyond that, as with everyone on the team, this individual will be involved in all phases of new product development, from ideation to research to experimentation. One possible fit for this role is the experienced engineer looking to learn more about machine learning and related technologies.
- Keep existing data science algorithms running smoothly. Includes development of new monitoring tools and interfacing with the data warehouse, ops, front-end engineering and QA teams.
- Develop 2nd generation algorithms.
- Help build the team! Contribute project ideas, establish engineering best practices, help with future hiring, follow research trends, attend conferences, and more.
- Experience with (or desire to learn) the latest AI, machine learning, and data mining algorithms. Experience with data visualization is a bonus.
- Appreciation of good design and beautiful products.
- Team player. Good communication skills.
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED