Senior Software Engineer - Database Performance Carbon Black
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Software Engineer â Database Performance
Bit9 is the leader in a new generation of endpoint and server security based on real-time visibility and protection. Bit9âs real-time sensor and recorder and cloud-based services provide actionable intelligence within days of implementation, and Bit9âs real-time enforcement engine delivers the most reliable form of endpoint and server security. This combination gives organizations immediate visibility to everything running on their endpoints and servers; real-time signature-less detection of and protection against advanced threats; and a recorded history of all endpoint and server activity to rapidly respond to alerts and incidents.
We are seeking a self-motivated Database Engineer in a sustaining and customer engagement role
- Do you get excited about challenging technical issues?
- Do you want to work in a fast growing dynamic start up environment?
- Do you want to be the one, master of your craft, undaunted by near impossible challenges?
- Do you like working with multiple teams as part of a high performing Software Engineering team?
If so, this is the job for you. This role provides opportunities to grow technically and make significant impact towards successful product deployments. Qualifications and Requirements:
If you work with SQLIO on a regular basis, understand âSET Statistics IO ONâ, and have used this to optimize DB operations, you have nailed this position already
- Exceptional knowledge of SQL Server required
- 5+ years of experience as a Software or Database Engineer working on enterprise applications
- Understanding of storage architectures, and how storage affects SQL server Performance is a big plus
- Ability to read and write T-SQL stored procedures
- Capable of working on diverse problems (software/hardware/configuration)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, willing to learn and attentive to detail
- Ability to whiteboard and discuss ideas/concepts/process flows
- Knowledge of common scripting languages such as Python, Power shell is a plus
- BSCS degree or equivalent
- Engage in complex performance analysis and debugging on Windows + MSSQL platforms
- Profile, optimize, and troubleshoot database connectivity and performance issues on customer sites
- Work closely with developer team to understand and improve product performance and customer experience
- Engage with customers and troubleshoot reported issues
- Build tools to evaluate performance of hardware and the product
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED