Senior Software Engineer - Embedded Netcordia
Senior Software Engineer - Embedded
Engineering | Santa Clara, CA, United States
As the Senior Software Engineer (Embedded) you will be responsible for development and maintenance of embedded software. You will develop firmware as well as drivers for the Infoblox DNS platforms. You will be working with very experienced, passionate and smart team members for a public company with proven management. You will be able to come up with innovative products developed from ground up that will have profound impact on components in computer networks of tomorrow. Key Responsibilities:
Skills & Requirements:
- Firmware and driver development for the DNS platforms.
- Design, document, implement and unit test firmware and drivers
- Kernal and platform-related implementation
- Develop hardware abstraction layers and APIs
- Work with QA and Manufacturing teams to help ensure a high quality product
- Help the Sustaining Engineering team with customer escalations
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in CS, CE, EE, or other technical field such as math or physics.
- Minimum 7 years in hands on software development
- Strong C/C++ programming skills in Linux or UNIX multi core environment.
- Experience with designing, documenting and implementing software features in embedded networking products.
- Experience with processors such as ARM, Cavium, and PowerPC.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and willingness to figure out solutions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a results oriented environment
- Work completely and accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to interact professionally with other employees to understand problems, provide solutions, seek and provide feedback.
- Ability to create clear documentation for internal use.
- Experience with Cavium Octeon products.
- Proficiency with DNS or DHCP protocols.
- Experience in the security domain.
- IPV6, OSPF, BGP experience is a plus.
- Proficiency with embedded software development tools including register and assembly level debugging and JTAG is a plus.
- State machine design and bare metal programming.
- Experience with BSPs and board provisioning/bring-up and diagnostics of hardware components.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Clara, CA |
Netcordia delivers a network management system that is easy to use, produces useful information everyday, and provides a system-level view of the network.Investors: Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Trinity Ventures All Jobs: at Netcordia
|Headquarters:||2431 Solomons Island Road|
Annapolis, MD 21401
|Company Profile:||Netcordia is a leading provider of network automation software to the worlds most complex and mission-critical networks. Its award-winning NetMRI Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) solution continuously audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution, and automates network changes. Netcordia helps more than 250 leading organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, academic, service and government stretch IT budgets, improve overall performance, meet corporate policy and comply with stringent regulations. |
Support Netcordia with Social Media services