Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack Fluencia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED What is Fluencia?
Fluencia is a startup on a mission to teach the world Spanish. Last year we reached over 75 million unique visitors through our webapps Fluencia and SpanishDict. Both products combine cutting-edge adaptive learning technology with world-class content to improve the way people learn. Find out more about us in Fast Company: (http://www.fastcompany.com/3023062/innovation-agents/finally-a-smart-spanish-learning-app)
What types of projects do we work on?
- We rebuilt our mobile website, one of the top 150 most popular mobile sites in the U.S., to deliver dramatically faster load times and a beautiful user experience.
- We designed Fluencia as single-page Backbone.js MVC app that seamlessly interacts with our server-side JSON APIs.
- We implemented a MapReduce analytics engine to draw insights from more than 1 billion search queries.
- We open sourced Spot Check to help other engineering teams query log files on AWS. (https://github.com/spanishdict/spotcheck)
- Uptime is important, so we deployed a high-availability, automated, and scalable server infrastructure that pushes us closer to 100% uptime. More here: (http://engineering.spanishdict.com/blog/2014/1/10/video-towards-100-uptime-with-node)
What are we looking for in a senior engineer?
- 5+ years experience writing, releasing, and maintaining code for web applications
- Expert level understanding of Node.js and/or MongoDB.
- Ability to mentor and lead other engineers.
- A passion for building amazing software that is used at scale.
- Bachelors in computer science or related field.
What's the culture like?
We've brought together a talented team that is down-to-earth, friendly, and driven to build products that people use and love. We have flexible hours, sponsored company events, and a sweet ping-pong table. Game on.
Our technology stack is state-of-the-art and as a team we regularly develop elegant apis, automate tests, produce innovative UIs, and review each other's code so that it is reusable, extensible, and easy to maintain. We also contribute to the DC Tech scene by hosting meetups for Node.js and MongoDB. Read more about our culture on our engineering blog.
Does the job come with perks?
We offer a competitive salary and amazing benefits, including stock options, 401(k) contributions, platinum health insurance, work-from-home-days, a budget for conferences and classes, all-you-can-eat snacks and drinks, and a whole lot more.
To find out more and apply online, visit our careers page: http://www.fluencia.com/about-us/careers/
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Fluenica is the easiest way to learn spanish online.
< 5M RaisedSelf Funded All Jobs: at Fluencia
|Headquarters:||1400 Key Blvd|
Level A Suite 6
Arlington, VA 22209
|Company Profile:||In 2050, the U.S. will be the largest Spanish-speaking country in the world. Now it's more important than ever to speak Spanish. Traditional language education has failed millions of students, leaving them frustrated and unable to communicate. We're passionate about fixing that.
At Fluencia, we've set out on a mission to revolutionize language education and allow people to actually speak and understand Spanish. With our reference site (Spanishdict.com) we reached over 75 million people in 2013. Now that we've mastered reference and translation, we're perfecting Spanish language education through Fluencia. In 9 months since our official launch, we've gained 250,000 users in 180 different countries.
Work at fluencia has all the benefits of a new startup (flexibility, telecommuting, creative and collaborative culture) and the security of working at a large corporation (profitability, huge reach, and the latest technology) all rolled into one. To find out more about work at Fluencia, visit our careers page here: http://www.fluencia.com/about-us/careers/
Support Fluencia with Social Media services