Senior Software Engineer - Grid Generation Exa
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED POSITION PROFILE:
Exa Corporation is seeking an experienced software engineer to be a key member of a team focused on Exa's unique discretization technology, which is at the core of the PowerFLOW CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) simulation tool. The focus of this position will be to enhance the discretizer product which handles extremely complex and variable quality geometry, automatically generating very large scalegrids for fluid flow simulation, without requiring any geometry simplification.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are specifically interested in candidates with a background in developing 3D geometry software, in areas such as computer graphics, CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) volume/surface meshing, CAD (Computer Aided Design) modeling, or other computational geometry implementations.
In this role, strong software development skills will be needed to develop, enhance, and maintain efficient & robust software, including parallelization techniques (via MPI). The application's geometry components deal with surface tesselations, Boolean operations on polyhedra, polygon operations, search optimization, etc. Responsibilities will include software requirements analysis, design, estimation, implementation, bug tracking/fixing, and profiling.
- Expert C++ coding skills
- A background in developing software implementing 3D geometry methodology, e.g. in computer graphics and/or CAE mesh data structures and algorithms.
- Proven experience in deploying object-oriented design in the development of complex software systems
- Strong independent problem-solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience in the following areas is considered a plus:
- Parallel processing techniques (MPI)
- Numerical simulation techniques (Lattice-Boltzmann, finite element, finite volume, etc.)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Exa offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include company stock, comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401K savings plan, vacations and holidays.
||Burlington, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED