Senior Software Engineer, Java/Ruby Tools eMeter
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Position Summary
eMeter is seeking an Automation/Tools Engineer to drive the development of automation tools that will simplify and streamline the deployment and implementation of eMeters EnergyIP platform across various enterprise-level software systems and who will contribute to the overall growth and success of the Deployment Services team. This is a cross-functional, dynamic and collaborative team, and this position offers tremendous opportunity and visibility.
The qualified candidate will have 4-7 years experience in fast-paced technology companies, and is capable of developing robust tools that are operating system agnostic. Must have experience automating the configuration and deployment of custom enterprise software applications across various operating systems (Solaris, AIX, Linux, HP/UX, Windows) and third party tools like Oracle, Siebel, Tibco, and Tomcat.
- Maintain and enhance current java-based automation solution. Create new automated tools for new ancillary projects and integrate them into a unified automated installation tool for all eMeter products
- Build a variety of tools (installers, upgrades, utilities) to replace, automate, simplify, streamline and improve manual installation and deployment processes for eMeters EnergyIP platform; these will be productized and leveraged for both internal and external customers, across various enterprise-level software systems, including Siebel, Tibco, JakartaTomcat in UNIX environments
- Work closely with subject matter experts in various technology verticals throughout the company, including Engineering and Quality Assurance, to ensure tool design is optimized
- Develop, drive and document installation and deployment standards
- Stage and test complex Enterprise-level deployments utilizing your tools, and create test cases against these deployments
- Drive process improvements and tool development to support software deployment, installation and configuration processes
- Mentor junior developers in best coding practices in both Java and Ruby
The successful candidate should be professional, reliable, customer-focused and a good communicator, with an eye for detail and they must demonstrate theyre able to work independently as a self-starter who will take the ball and run.
- JRuby/Ruby, Java and Unix Shell Scripting
- SQL / SQL Plus; Oracle 10/11G
- Experience designing, developing and deploying automation tools (installers, upgrades, utilities) in complex technology environments
- Experience with web environments/tools, including Apache, Jakarta-Tomcat, Websphere
- Experience with support, administration and installation of Enterprise-level Software (Oracle, Siebel, Tibco, etc.)
- Creative problem solving and software troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work well independently and within a group; the drive and motivation to create solutions, great communication skills and a positive, cooperative attitude.
||San Mateo |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED