Senior Software Engineer, Labs Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Our rapid-prototyping team is looking for software engineers with demonstrated ability to learn and adapt new web technologies to solve concrete business problems. Prerequisites:
- A strong, fundamentals-based computer science background. We touch a lot of new technology, and it's important to be able to find viable approaches quickly. You should be comfortable reasoning about systems and designs you have never seen before â€" from first principles if necessary.
- Experience with multi-tiered, transactional applications. Our core systems power some of the largest financial services firms in the world, and delivering new capabilities on top of them requires the ability to work across many layers of abstraction at the same time. Familiarity with the standard building blocks used in these types of applications (like SQL, ORM, sessions, the MVC paradigm, caching, and so on) is necessary.
- We build working prototypes, quickly. We are looking for someone who loves slinging code and who is eager to prove things out -- going from a whiteboard to something we can demonstrate in a few days, even.
- We hate bureaucracy. We are a small and specialized team inside a large, stable, growing company. You must be able to self-start and accomplish things without a lot of oversight. We do like pairing, especially in tough spots, and we have hundreds of people who can help when things get gnarly. Butâ€¦ at the end of the day, you'll need to be confident and comfortable with your own approach.
- Although you can be a bit of a perfectionist, you also should be willing to let go. A consequence of working on many things is that we have to throw out many things! We learn a lot from each experiment, but we're also comfortable moving on or changing tack.
You get bonus points for the following:
- We share our prototypes directly with senior decision-makers at our customers around the world. If you like showing software to others and explaining how it works, there will be opportunities to do this.
- We both advise and work on technology challenges that don't involve a front-end experience. If you like to dabble in other areas, like distributed databases or micro-service architectures, there'll be plenty of side projects to keep you busy.
- Direct experience with specific frameworks, languages, and technologies is valuable, too. Some that we work with are listed below.
- Most of our prototypes culminate in a front-end, web-based UI. If you like to build clean, usable interfaces that feel good, your design sensibilities will be welcomed with open arms.
Technologies that we've worked with lately:
- HTML Web Storage
- CSS3 preprocessors
- Google Charts, Maps
This is a position for our office in Foster City, California. To learn more about Guidewire, see our website (http://www.guidewire.com/).
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services