Senior Software Engineer - Media Stack Twilio Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Twilio is providing a platform for building modern, communications-enabled applications that are cloud-based, scalable, and focused on great user experience.
- More than 200,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building everything from call centers (Zendesk) to SMS notifications (Uber).
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia and WalmartLabs.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us change communications forever.
About the job:
- We're seeking talented senior engineers to help build the best telecommunications API on the planet
- This role focuses on working with existing Core Engineering teams to architect and build out the Media Processing infrastructure in a distributed environment
- Successful candidates will be strong developers with experience shipping high-profile user-facing products, working in large code bases and engineering features for security, scalability & high availability
- Own, operate and maintain your team's services in production
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems you can face developing real time communication services in a distributed environment
- Architect and develop services for Media Processing capability, like Audio Transcoding, Recording, Mixing and Playout services for real-time audio
- Debug networking issues like connectivity, compression and encryption and make tradeoff decisions between quality and performance
- Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment
- You ship software fast and frequently
- A Computer Science degree as a minimum, MS degree in signal processing preferred
- 5+ years in industry as a developer working on mission-critical user-facing systems
- Experience in working with lower level code SDK's (eg: ogg, SILK, etc.)
- Familiarity with Jitter buffers and the details of dealing with realtime audio over networks, solid understanding in audio resampling and connected tradeoffs
- Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You find clever ways around problems, or just plow through them
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers.
- Excellent gear (we Apple computers and big monitors - two if you need 'em).
- A strong belief in work/life balance.
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter.
- Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
||San Francisco, CA 94105 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED