Senior Software Engineer - Messaging Twilio Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Twilio is providing a platform for building modern, communications-enabled applications that are cloud based, scalable, and focused on great user experience.
- More than 200,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building everything from call centers (Zendesk) to SMS notifications (Uber).
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia and WalmartLabs.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us change communications forever.
- Within the first 6 months of work, you will design, prototype, implement and deploy one or more major mission-critical services underlying Twilio's messaging APIs. The process will include developing an early understanding of the product, hosting design review sessions, documenting design and code details and participating in periodic peer code reviews. The resulting service will require integration with other existing Twilio systems, as well with Twilio's performance and availability monitoring suite.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source contro, dev/stage/pro release cycle, continuous deployment) -- cowboy coders need not apply.
- Provide expertise to the team in solving complex networking problems involving millions of clients distributed around the world.
- Collaborate across the company and interact with our customers (software engineers) to define, design and build new APIs.
- Tackle complex problems in distributed computing, virtualization performance, distributed queuing, and more.
- Twilio places a high premium on engineers with a deep commitment to quality and a demonstrated understanding of underlying technologies. To apply for this role of Senior Software Engineer, you should have some of all of the following:
- A Bachelor's or preferably Master's degree in Computer Science of Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Strong background in designing and writing network applications. In-depth knowledge of TCP/UDP, WAN networking, system-level network performance is critical for this role. You should be able to explain how NAT traversal works in detail.
- Experience with concurrency, multi-threaded programmimg, and scaling distributed, highly available systems.
- 5+ years of engineering experience with Python, PHP, C, C++ or Java.
- Solid knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies and the ability to write, debug and deploy testing frameworks.
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgre, Oracle, etc. is highly desirable.
- Good communication, organization and project management skills.
- Notable contributions to open-source software projects.
- An academic conference or journal publication.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures, layer 3 and 7 load balancers, and monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of document, key/ value or other non-relational database system such as Redis, HBase, BigTable, Dynamo, etc.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers.
- Excellent gear (we Apple computers and big monitors - two if you need 'em).
- A strong belief in life/work balance.
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
||San Francisco, CA 94105 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED