Senior Software Engineer - Mobile firstRain
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED FirstRain processes information from across the web through our proprietary AI technology to
generate meaningful business insights that our Fortune 500 customers subscribe to in order
to better drive their success.
While much of what we do falls under terms like ?big data? and ?B2B Analytics? the unique
challenges that the applications team is working on solving stem from how to expose such
complex and multifaceted content on Mobile in a way that is meaningful to the end user.
While we are working to define new interfaces to expose this functionality on the mobile form
factor we also need to ensure that the information we are exposing is timely and relevant to
the end user. Our intent is to be able to leverage the unique propositions offered by Mobile
Software, in particular contextual awareness. The goal of FirstRain?s mobile offerings are not
simply to render existing data through the mobile UI but to find new ways to expand the
functionality of our offering through use cases that can only be enabled through mobile
Our mobile team will be supported in this effort by a well-resourced API team who are
extremely responsive in supplying RESTful APIs to support the client functionality.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
Reporting to the Senior Director of Engineering this individual contributor will design and
implement Mobile Applications for iOS and Android platforms. We are seeking a Staff
Software Engineer to grow our California mobile team around. This person will be a key hire
whom we build the rest of the team around. They will have immediate responsibility for the
overhaul and redesign of our iPad offering and other mobile products. Their help will be
required in re-architecting the code towards a more scalable and reusable architecture
intended to accelerate FirstRain?s mobile strategy.
1. Design and implement FirstRain?s software products for iOS and Android platforms
2. Collaborate with services team in the specification of mobile service requirements and the
testing of implemented services. Highlight performance considerations unique to partially
connected mobile devices when these services are specified.
3. Respond to support requests from the field and address assigned issues (bugs) in a timely
4. Implement thorough unit testing around implemented software.
Senior Software Engineer - Mobile
Engineer,MobileMobile 5. Pursue understanding of latest mobile development techniques and provide a resource to
other members of the team in driving the adoption of best practices for mobile software.
Participate in code reviews.
6. Participate actively in group planning and design meetings within the Agile Software
Development framework adopted by FirstRain.
7. Communicate implementation and architectural concerns to the rest of the team
1. 7+ Years of Software Development experience is required.
2. Experience delivering commercial-grade applications for iPhone or iPad and Android
devices is required.
3. Proven experience with the software lifecycle experience and the tools that enable it
including Bug Tracking and SCM systems is required.
4. Solid grounding in principles of Object Oriented design, design patterns is preferred.
5. Expertise in development using Objective C, C/C++ and Java for Androidis preferred.
6. Experience of performance and platform limitations (e.g. memory, bandwidth) on mobile
devices and the techniques required to work past themis preferred.
7. Experience designing and implementing mobile solutions for connected and partially
connected use cases, particularly where integration with a SAAS solution has been required
8. Ability to work independently or as part of a development team with other software
engineers, project managers and quality assurance engineersis preferred.
9. Experience in problem-solving and thinking laterally as part of a team, or individually, to
meet the needs of projects is preferred.
10. BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experienceis preferred.
11. Experience of working in SCRUM/Agile programming teams is desirable.
12. Experience of web technologies (HTML, JS, CSS) for use in rendering
content/functionality on mobile devices is desirable.
13. Experience developing for other mobile platforms e.g. Palm OS/Windows
Mobile/BREW/BlackBerry OS is desirable.
||San Mateo, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED