Senior Software Engineer â Network Security Management Netcordia
Senior Software Engineer â€" Network Security Management
Engineering | Santa Clara, CA, United States
CONSIDERED LOCATIONS: Annapolis, MD., Santa Clara, CA., Paris France, Burnaby, BC
This is a senior software engineering position in our development team tasked with the design and implementation of security device management software for the Infoblox Network Automation product line. Individuals in this position serve as experts in the security management aspects of our products. We seek an individual with strong software development skills, with specific expertise in firewall policy management, not an individual who has handled security from an IT perspective.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze feature requirements, estimate effort, design and implementation to meet requirements.
- Design and implement software components for managing network security devices.
- Provide technical guidance and insight to help drive innovation of our security device management solutions.
- Software will be developed using mainly JAVA on a Linux based operating system.
- Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 8-10 years industry experience in software development with proven leadership.
- Experience with network firewalls and similar security devices is required.
- Strong JAVA programming skills in Linux programming environment is required.
- Network security vendor certifications (e.g. Checkpoint, Cisco, Juniper) are a strong plus.
- Experience with object-oriented design/programming and distributed client/server architecture is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Perl, Ruby, SQL and databases are a plus.
- Prior design experience for server or protocol software products is required
- Prior experience in technical leadership role is a strong plus
- Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and willingness to stretch to achieve aggressive goals.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a results oriented environment.
- Work completely and accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to interact professionally with other employees to understand problems, provide solutions, seek and provide feedback.
- Ability to create clear documentation for internal and external use.
- Masters or Bachelor degree in CS, CE, EE, or other relevant technical field.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Clara, CA |
Netcordia delivers a network management system that is easy to use, produces useful information everyday, and provides a system-level view of the network.Investors: Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Trinity Ventures All Jobs: at Netcordia
|Headquarters:||2431 Solomons Island Road|
Annapolis, MD 21401
|Company Profile:||Netcordia is a leading provider of network automation software to the worlds most complex and mission-critical networks. Its award-winning NetMRI Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) solution continuously audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution, and automates network changes. Netcordia helps more than 250 leading organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, academic, service and government stretch IT budgets, improve overall performance, meet corporate policy and comply with stringent regulations. |
Support Netcordia with Social Media services