Senior Software Engineer, Performance Tools Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We're looking for skilled, critical thinking, creative, talented software developers to build and maintain the tools, frameworks and infrastructure that are the foundation of our performance testing and tuning efforts.
What does a Senior Software Engineer for Performance Tools do?
Guidewire builds enterprise software for the insurance industry. Demand for our suite of products is strong and increasing, and it's critical that they be able to meet the stringent performance, scalability and reliability needs of the largest customers and prospects around the world. This requires continuous improvements in our performance testing frameworks, tools and infrastructure to enable us to do our database, app server and UI testing and tuning as efficiently and effectively as possible.
As a member of our Suite Performance Team you may work on:
- Our internal â€˜PerfHarness' tool that manages all phases of performance tests, from initialization of the test environment and deployment of the app to be tested, to the final collection of timing results and extensive instrumentation
- An extensible framework for generating large test data sets for load testing
- Enhanced product instrumentation to help us find and fix performance issues more quickly, both internally and at customers
- A solution for predictive modeling approaches to proactively look for potential performance issues
An ideal candidate should have:
- A desire to be hands-on in designing and writing code. We're looking for people with a minimum of five years Java development experience, strong understanding of multithreading and concurrency, and some exposure to JVM tuning
- A passion for building easily maintainable and extendable tools and frameworks that allow their colleagues to be more productive and more effective
- An interest in practicing modern development techniques (scrum, pair programming, stories, Kanban, etc.).
- A desire to work collaboratively in a small team
- A strong focus on making customers, both internal and external, successful
- A desire to explore new technologies and techniques, and suggest improvements and upgrades
Nice to have:
- Experience with administering Java app servers (Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic), and understanding of system administration topics, such as Windows remote administration, RAID configurations, network protocols (DNS, HTTPS, SSH, etc), Windows quirks, file system oddities, Linux init scripts, etc.
- Experience with deployment modules: war/ear files, etc.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services