Senior Software Engineer - Platform Netcordia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Software Engineer - Platform
Engineering | Annapolis, MD, United States
This is a senior software engineering role requiring design, implementation and unit testing of production-quality software for our purpose-built network services appliance.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills & Requirements:
- Carry out requirements analysis, design, estimation, implementation, unit testing and maintenance for product and platform features
- Participate proactively in design discussions, design/code reviews and project management
- Create system software written in C/C++ and/or scripting languages (Python, Perl, Bash) for our Linux-based appliance platform
- Work independently as well as in team roles, including team leadership.
- Knowledge and Experience:
- 5+ years of distinguished career in a hands-on software development role.
- Experience with Linux build/configuration management using RPM and other tools
- Intimate familiarity with one or more Linux distros and knowledge of the Open Source ecosystem.
- Strong C/C++ and scripting language (Python/Perl/Bash) programming skills within a Linux programming environment and a multi-core x86 platform.
- Strong understanding of inter-process communication, threading models, synchronization concepts and experience with complex multithreaded software design is required.
- Experience with high-performance virtualized applications is required.
- Database experience (MySQL and SQL) is highly desirable.
- Experience with one or more of the following: scalability and performance benchmarking/tuning, other database systems; x86 system architecture; Java, Ruby.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet stretch goals. Familiarity with Agile development methods is a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting/problem-solving ability; ability to create efficient solutions to complex problems.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently in a results-oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to review the work of others critically and provide constructive feedback.
Infoblox is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
- Four year degree in CS, CE is required. Master's in CS/EE is preferred.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Annapolis, MD |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Netcordia delivers a network management system that is easy to use, produces useful information everyday, and provides a system-level view of the network.Investors: Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Trinity Ventures All Jobs: at Netcordia
|Headquarters:||2431 Solomons Island Road|
Annapolis, MD 21401
|Company Profile:||Netcordia is a leading provider of network automation software to the worlds most complex and mission-critical networks. Its award-winning NetMRI Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) solution continuously audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution, and automates network changes. Netcordia helps more than 250 leading organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, academic, service and government stretch IT budgets, improve overall performance, meet corporate policy and comply with stringent regulations. |
Support Netcordia with Social Media services