Senior Software Engineer - Protocol Netcordia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Software Engineer - Protocol
Engineering | Santa Clara, CA, United States
This is a senior software engineering position in our development team tasked with the design and implementation of production quality software for the Infoblox Network Services Appliance product line. Individuals in this position serve as experts in our server software and a wide variety of network protocols.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze feature requirements, estimate effort, design and implementation to meet requirements.
- Design and implement software components for IP network services.
- Create innovative solutions to customer requirements using data modeling and networking protocols.
- Software will be developed using C/C++, Python and Perl for a Linux based operating system.
- Work closely with peer engineers in a highly collaborative environment.
- Software source control and documentation using common tools and methodologies in the software industry.
- Benchmark, analyze and enhance system performance.
- Masters or Bachelor degree in CS, CE, EE, or other technical field such as math or physics.
- Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 8 years industry experience in software development.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills, with a minimum of 6 years experience is required.
- Knowledge of current software engineering methodologies including object-oriented techniques, use cases, and design patterns is required.
- Experience in core IP networking protocols such as TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP is required.
- Experience in networking and network programming using sockets is required.
- Experience in the design and implementation of Client/Server and N-tier enterprise application development is a plus.
- Experience with databases is a plus.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and willingness to stretch to achieve aggressive goals.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a results oriented environment
- Work completely and accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to interact professionally with other employees to understand problems, provide solutions, seek and provide feedback.
- Ability to create clear documentation for internal and external use.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Netcordia delivers a network management system that is easy to use, produces useful information everyday, and provides a system-level view of the network.Investors: Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Trinity Ventures All Jobs: at Netcordia
|Headquarters:||2431 Solomons Island Road|
Annapolis, MD 21401
|Company Profile:||Netcordia is a leading provider of network automation software to the worlds most complex and mission-critical networks. Its award-winning NetMRI Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) solution continuously audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution, and automates network changes. Netcordia helps more than 250 leading organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, academic, service and government stretch IT budgets, improve overall performance, meet corporate policy and comply with stringent regulations. |
Support Netcordia with Social Media services