Senior Software Engineer Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Are you passionate about elegant web applications? Do you want to work with other smart and excited people who are out to change the way the world thinks about data? Well, Splunk wants to hear from you! We are looking to expand our UI team with someone who is experienced in building compelling web interfaces.
We are responsible for exposing Splunk's incredible, yet intimidating, array of functionality to a wide variety of users: from administrators to business analysts. We need smart, proactive engineers who want to develop beautiful, efficient, productive interfaces for powerful, vastly useful systems.
Responsibilities: I can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that!
- Work closely with other members of the Client Engineering team to architect and implement new features for Splunk's UI
- Work with brilliant designers to bring prototypes to life
- Work closely with our server engineering teams to expose Splunk's rich functionality to a variety of different kinds of users
- Mentor junior engineers and provide technical guidance for team
- Stay informed as to the directions of the industry, champion new technologies
- 3+ years experience developing using middle-tier technologies (PHP, Ruby, Python, etc)
- Strong communication skills
Education: Got it!
- Experience developing web applications using client-side MVC
- Experience developing software for the enterprise
- Experience using traditional and nontraditional databases
Splunk is the leading provider of operational intelligence software used to monitor, report and analyze real-time machine data as well as terabytes of historical data located on premise or in the cloud. Almost half of the Fortune 100 and more than 2,600 enterprises, service providers and government organizations in 78 countries use Splunk to improve service levels, reduce IT Operations costs, mitigate security risks, and drive new levels of operational visibility.
Our employees are some of the brightest minds in search technology and business and have built some of the technology industry's most innovative IT management products of the last decade. Splunk was voted as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area for 4 years running.
Our HQ is located in San Francisco's SOMA district, within walking distance from both BART and CalTrain and several MUNI lines. We also just opened offices in Cupertino and Seattle.
Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
There's no stopping our momentum. Join us and help us to continue doing something truly special and have a blast doing it, too.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Health Care, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, Commuter benefits, PTO and sick leave, 401K, 3 weeks' vacation, 2 completely stacked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Monday and Bagel Friday's, basketball hoops, ping pong, bbq's, soccer, ski trips, on-site yoga classes, health fairs.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED