Senior Software Engineer eHarmony
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to peopleâs lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
Weâre looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. Weâre the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we're the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we're the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. Thatâs 271 marriages per day.*
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. In 2011 we were named #23 on the list of Business Insidersâ 100 Worldâs Most Valuable Start-Ups. We have more than 33 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom, Australia and Brazil and through our affiliation with eDarling, have a presence in 11 countries throughout continental Europe. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Sr. Software Engineer will perform following duties:
(1) Getting to work with innovative new technologies (e.g. noSQL, Cassandra, Map Reduce, Project Voldemort, cloud computing)
(2) Working with a matching system that creates trillions of potential pairings in our candidate pool (over 33 million registered users)
(3) Designing core back-end Matching components
(4) Coding day-to-day in Java, and other languages too (Ruby, Groovy, )
(5) Analyzing and improve the efficiency, reliability and scalability of components across the Matching infrastructure
(6) Work closely with product management in defining new product features and specifications
(7) Work with Quality Assurance to test functional product features
(8) Work with web operations on deployment of new releases and application management
Qualification and Special Skills Required:
(1) Master or foreign equivalent in Computer & Information Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, or related is acceptable + 3 years of experience as a software engineer, software programmer, business system analyst or related field, OR Bachelor or foreign equivalent in Computer & Information Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field + 5 years of progressive experience as a software engineer, software programmer, business system analyst or related field (2) Proficiency with Java 5, Struts, JMS, OOD, and OOP required.
Mail resume to eHarmony Inc 2401 Colorado Ave A200 Santa Monica CA 90404 Attn: Ashlee B Job # 105 C
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED