Senior Software Engineer: Scala + REST API Stride Health, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED We're looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to help us shape the future of Stride. Data and beautiful UX are the core of our product experience, driven by a high-performance backend service layer and a nimble Engineering team. We're looking for a seasoned top-notch engineer who loves building resilient and well-architected systems. We also want people who appreciate living a healthy lifestyle and know how to balance working hard and having a life outside the office! At Stride, you'll be an integral part of the team that is enabling consumers to make decisions about their health coverage in a way that is useful and unparalleled by any other technologies.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you'll be focused on architecting, developing and maintaining our core API services, which include our search recommendation algorithms and transaction engine. An emphasis on reliable high-performance computing and a distributed data architecture are absolute must-haves for this job. Additionally, you'll be instrumental in helping manage our build and code-review processes and leading integrations with key external partners.
- Develop and maintain core API services, and oversee ongoing integration with our front-end clients, data layers, and third party systems
- Develop methods and code to facilitate purchase transactions, including key user management methods and transaction processing
- Develop services to integrate with third party systems, including partner payment, identity verification, fraud-detection, and communication systems (email, sms)
- Design system architecture for high-concurrency, fault-tolerant, event-driven services
- Design and code secure software, ensuring all utilized methods and technologies meet industry requirements and known best-practices
- Write test and benchmarking code
- Work with a collaborative and agile engineering team to define technical requirements and development roadmaps
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years working in an Engineering team for a software product company
- In-depth experience developing REST API web services with Scala and a core related JVM http-layer and RPC technologies (Spray/Akka, Play, Scalatra, Finagle, or other)
- Experience developing with functional languages (Python/Ruby/Erlang/Clojure)
- Deep experience with both relational database systems (Postgres) and NoSQL systems (CouchDB, Riak, Dynamo, Redis), including experience with replication and clustering
- Experience developing secure software to facilitate transactions and payment processing
- Strong practical knowledge of data structures and algorithm complexity in distributed systems
- Deep experience working within a Linux operating and development environment
Cherries on top:
- Experience developing core services for high-volume SaaS or PaaS consumer technologies
- Expertise in developing shopping-cart and related transactional technologies for consumer e-commerce sites
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED