Senior Software Engineer - Search Infrastructure Trulia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Software Engineer, Search
The world of real estate data is huge and spans a multitude of data sources. We're looking for the right engineers to help build and improve search infrastructure, core back-end data services, processing pipelines, and storage platforms that feed our real estate site. Your work will surface daily on millions of pages across the site and provide millions of users with cleaner, more relevant, more local, information.
This position involves designing and building large-scale applications and systems to acquire, process, store, and make discoverable vast quantities of real estate information. The ideal candidate will leverage their server-side or full-stack development background to rapidly realize bullet-proof solutions ranging from MapReduce workflows to web services. You thrive on challenges around performance optimization, parallelization, and scalability that come with the data demands of a high-traffic, constantly growing, public website. You have an interest in cutting-edge and open-source technologies and bring your own toolset and experiences to the mix.
- Java for production-ready scalable systems, familiar with related open-source frameworks/technologies
- Proficiency in a UNIX/Linux environment - Search engines: SOLR, Lucene, etc.
- Scripting with Python, Perl, Ruby, or equivalent
- Experience with large dataset manipulation
- Familiarity with back-end architectures supporting a large-scale website
- Coding experience on a large, collaborative software stack
- Technical troubleshooting, performance tuning
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
Nice to have:
- Hadoop, MapReduce and related technologies: Hive, Pig, Oozie, etc.
- Other big data technologies: HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.
- Database-driven software development experience: relational, NoSQL, etc.
- Large-scale data acquisition, crawler architecture
- Image processing and storage
- Geospatial experience
- Compute clusters, cloud-based infrastructure
Trulia gives home buyers, sellers, owners and renters the inside scoop on properties, neighborhoods and real estate professionals. Trulia has unique info on the areas people want to live that can't be found anywhere else: users can learn about agents, neighborhoods, schools, crime and even ask the local community questions. Real estate professionals use Trulia to connect with millions of transaction-ready buyers and sellers each month via our hyper local advertising services, social recommendations and top-rated mobile apps.
Trulia was founded in 2005 and is backed by Accel Partners and Sequoia Capital. We are a successful rapidly growing company, built on an employee-centric, values driven culture and are recognized as a Best Place to Work in both San Francisco and Denver.
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED