Senior Software Engineer - SIP Signaling Twilio Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Twilio is providing a platform for building modern, communications-enabled applications that are cloud-based, scalable, and focused on great user experience.
- More than 200,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building everything from call centers (Zendesk) to SMS notifications (Uber).
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia and WalmartLabs.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us change communications forever.
About the job:
- We're seeking talented senior engineers to help build the best telecommunications API on the planet
- This role focuses on working with the existing Voice Engineering team to build out highly available SIP components (Back to Back UA's, Registrars, Proxies...)
- Successful candidates will be strong developers with experience shipping high-profile user-facing products, working in large code-bases, and engineering features for security, scalability & high availability
- Own, operate, and maintain your team's services in production
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems you can face developing real time communication services in a distributed environment
- Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment using Java and Python
- You ship software fast and frequently
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in industry as a developer working on mission-critical user-facing systems
- Rock-solid understanding of SIP. You understand how to parse SDP and the offer/answer handshake
- Know how to handle SIP failover, Route Recording and how SIP traverses an infrastructure
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle
- Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You find clever ways around problems, or just plow through them
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers.
- Excellent gear (we Apple computers and big monitors - two if you need 'em).
- A strong belief in work/life balance.
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter.
- Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
||San Francisco, CA 94105 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED