Senior Software Engineer - SIP Signaling Twilio
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Twilio is providing a platform for building modern, communications-enabled applications that are cloud-based, scalable, and focused on great user experience.
- More than 200,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building everything from call centers (Zendesk) to SMS notifications (Uber).
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia and WalmartLabs.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us change communications forever.
About the job:
- We're seeking talented senior engineers to help build the best telecommunications API on the planet
- This role focuses on working with the existing Voice Engineering team to build out highly available SIP components (Back to Back UA's, Registrars, Proxies...)
- Successful candidates will be strong developers with experience shipping high-profile user-facing products, working in large code-bases, and engineering features for security, scalability & high availability
- Own, operate, and maintain your team's services in production
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems you can face developing real time communication services in a distributed environment
- Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment using Java and Python
- You ship software fast and frequently
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in industry as a developer working on mission-critical user-facing systems
- Rock-solid understanding of SIP. You understand how to parse SDP and the offer/answer handshake
- Know how to handle SIP failover, Route Recording and how SIP traverses an infrastructure
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle
- Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You find clever ways around problems, or just plow through them
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers.
- Excellent gear (we Apple computers and big monitors - two if you need 'em).
- A strong belief in work/life balance.
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter.
- Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
||San Francisco, CA 94105 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Twilio powers the future of business communications. Enabling phones, VoIP, and messaging to be embedded into web, desktop, and mobile software.Self Funded All Jobs: at Twilio
|Headquarters:||645 Harrison Street|
San Francisco, CA 94107
|Company Profile:||Twilio is the developer platform for communications. With Twilio, developers and businesses make communications contextual by embedding voice, video, messaging and authentication directly into their software. We are re-inventing the communications market, taking it from its 150-year legacy in hardware to its future in software.
Twilio has more than 700,000 registered developers. Industry disruptors including Uber, Box and DocuSign and enterprises like Nordstrom, Coca-Cola, Walmart and Home Depot trust Twilio to power and innovate their communications at global scale.
Twilio is recognized as one of the 10 Fastest Growing Companies in San Francisco, one of The Bay Area's 10 Most InDemand Startups, and has over 400 employees with offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, New York City, Bogota, Tallinn, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.|
Support Twilio with Social Media services