Senior Software Engineer eHarmony
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Current Openings Â» Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Software Engineering | Santa Monica, CA
eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to people's lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
We're looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. We're the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we're the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we're the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. That's 271 marriages per day.
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. We have more than 33 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom and Australia and through our affiliation with eDarling, have a presence in 11 countries throughout continental Europe. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.
eHarmony, Inc. is building a team to work on the next generation of applications to support their high traffic, public facing experiences. Be part of the excitement of a profitable and pre-IPO company with the stability and benefits to challenge any company. Work in a fast moving and challenging environment that is balanced with a great environment and flexible hours. Be empowered with the ownership to deliver your responsibilities.
Design and develop components of a multi-layered architecture leveraging the latest Web 2.0, SOA and Event architectures. Push the envelope of scalability with the next applications.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Develop applications for a high volume consumer website for a high-profile, nationally recognized, very profitable, pre-IPO internet company
- Develop the next generation of applications using cutting edge Web 2.0, SOA and Event Based technologies.
- Work with leading platforms including Java EE, Spring, Hibernate, Weblogic, and Oracle.
- Work closely with product management in defining new product features and specifications
- Work with Quality Assurance to test functional product features
- Work with web operations on deployment of new releases and application management
The successful candidate will have:
- 7+ years of IT experience with 3+ years recent Internet industry experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience developing high volume consumer websites
- Fundamental Java skills (Java EE 5, and Java SE 5+)
- Background with traditional web development (JSP, JSF, Struts) and future Web 2.0 technologies
- Understand asynchronous, message based systems (JMS)
- Hibernate or other ORM framework background
- Understanding of lightweight container technologies such as Spring
- Familiar with Web-Service based technologies such as SOAP, REST, Spring Remoting
- Excellent understanding of OOD and OOP
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-effort, dynamic work environment
- Strong technical and design skills
- Fast learner of new and emerging technologies
- Self motivated and ability to drive features to delivery
- Experienced at leading development life cycle process and best practices, hiring and mentoring in a technical organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including non-technical
- Ability to participate in a cross-functional team environment
||Software Engineering, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED