Senior Software Engineer, Tablet and Mobile IMVU
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
IMVU, Inc. (http://www.imvu.com) is an online social game where members use 3D avatars to meet new people, chat, create and play games with their friends. IMVU has reached 100 million registered users, 10+ million unique visitors per month and a $50+ million annualized revenue run rate. IMVU has the world's largest virtual goods catalog of more than six million items, almost all of which are created by its own members. IMVU is available in multiple languages on both Windows PC and Mac platforms, and for mobile users via its IMVU 2Go iPhone application, available in the Apple App Store.
IMVU has been recognized frequently, including Best Place to Work for the past 3 years, Inc. 500/5000, 8th fastest growing private tech company in Silicon Valley over the past 3 years, and 87th fastest growing tech company in North America over the past 4 years.
Founded in 2004, IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital and is located in Mountain View, CA. IMVU has been profitable since 2009.
So, what will you do?
- Build tablet and mobile applications that make our customers smile
- Contribute code as part of a small, smart, dynamic, agile team
- Take pride in the quality of your work, continuously integrating test-driven code and making a difference every day
- Voice opinions about the product and the direction of the company. We look for people who are superlative at coding and communicating with humans
- A strong foundation in computer science and/or math combined with demonstrable problem solving aptitude
- Proven experience in native mobile application development on either Android or iOS (bonus points for both)
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of client-server applications and RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with OpenGL
- Experience with memory management and memory/performance profiling
- Deep affinity for agile software development, continuous integration, and test driven development
- Capable of navigating & resolving deep technical issues independently
- Good UI and visual design instincts; experience working with design teams
- Lifelong learner. Constantly experimenting and iterating. Energetic. Pragmatic. Get things done. An independent team player. Not afraid to ask for help
- Made a significant contribution to a large-scale web application
- Built a high-performance, 3D or client/server network application
- Shipped MMOs or other online games
- Contributed to open source projects (i.e. code we can review)
How to apply:
- Please join IMVU & play around before you apply. We'd like you to understand our products and work environment.
- Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||Mountain View, CA 94041 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED