Senior Software Engineer, Test Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
We're looking for an innovative software engineer to design and develop tests, and testing automation that will ensure the highest level of quality possible given the constraints of a fast-moving and innovative startup-up.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that! '
- 10+ years of industry experience in a seasonal quality engineering organization, with customer scenarios/deployment system testing role in an enterprise software company working with software products
- Experience working with enterprise security software on distributed/network system software
- Experience working in a startup environment preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to learn new things quickly and have a 'can do' attitude. Action oriented and willing to step in to fill gaps when identified
- Experience with distributed and/or offshore development teams
- Detail-oriented and well-organized Passionate about security and solving security focused problems
- Works well in an entrepreneurial, team environment and willing to express thoughts and ideas
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
Intermediate to Advanced Knowledge:
- Architecting, designing, implementing, and executing test infrastructure for enterprise-class software
- Automated and manual software testing methods (unit, black-box, performance, security etc.) and tools
- Experience in developing automation using SDKs/APIs of the product being tested, specifically Java or any object oriented language
- Expert level Python scripting
- Other scripting languages (Perl, Tcl/Expect, Windows/Unix shell)
- Systems management technologies (Syslog, JMX, WMI, ESXTop, SNMP, UNIX tools, etc.)
- Using, developing on, and administering multiple OS (Windows, Unix) Software development lifecycle methods and processes (e.g. waterfall, Agile / scrum)
- UI test frameworks, preferably Selenium or equivalent, both writing tests and using them to solve challenging problems and scenarios
- Data transformation and reporting tools (e.g. SQL, regular expressions, XPath, Crystal Reports, SSRS, etc.)
- Strong knowledge in HTTP/SSL/TLS protocols Complementary Knowledge (Pluses) Enterprise IT architectures (3/4-tier apps, data centers), networking (architectures, switching, routing)
- IT system and network security: use cases, processes / procedures, and common techniques and tools Security solutions and technology (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, AV, VA, Honeypots, Encryption, SIEM, etc.)
- Relational databases (e.g. SQL, Oracle) or 'Big data' technologies (Map-Reduce, Hadoop)
- Exposure to Authentication/Authorization,LDAP,Active Directory Knowledge of using REST based interfaces
Education: Got it!
Bachelors or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field technology to the way we do business. Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK) was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most valuable parts of big data -- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile devices, website clickstreams, social data, sensors and more.
Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence. Our company's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. More than half of the Fortune 100 and thousands of enterprises, universities, government agencies and service providers use Splunk software to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations, security, web intelligence, customer and business analytics and more.
Splunk helps customers solve problems in ways they could never dream before. With Splunk, all you need is a browser and your imagination.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED