Senior Software Engineer - VoIP Backend Twilio Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Twilio is providing a platform for building modern, communications-enabled applications that are cloud based, scalable, and focused on great user experience.
- More than 200,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building everything from call centers (Zendesk) to SMS notifications (Uber).
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia and WalmartLabs.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us change communications forever.
About the job:
- Twilio is seeking a senior server-side engineer to work on building reliable, scalable infrastructure, which enables large numbers of mobile and browser clients to connect and interact with its communications services.
- Participate in design and architecture of software solutions.
- Build server-side technologies using open-source stack comprising of Linux, Apache/Nginx, MySQL/Redis.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment with source control, dev/stage/production release cycles, continuous integration, and deployment.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience developing distributed systems.
- Deep experience in: TCP/UDP and HTTP/HTTPS protocols, scalable systems that manage connectivity over unreliable networks, knowledge of persistent layers using relational and/or NoSQL databases, server-side programming in Java and/or Python.
- Strong communication skills. Experience standing in front of non-technical audiences and explaining technical issues.
- Proven ability to work on closely-knit teams using Agile tools for tracking progress, issues, etc.
- Understanding of media codecs and transcoding.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers.
- Excellent gear (we Apple computers and big monitors - two if you need 'em).
- A strong belief in life/work balance.
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
||San Francisco, CA 94105 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED