Senior Software Engineer - VoIP Backend Twilio
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Twilio is providing a platform for building modern, communications-enabled applications that are cloud based, scalable, and focused on great user experience.
- More than 200,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building everything from call centers (Zendesk) to SMS notifications (Uber).
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia and WalmartLabs.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us change communications forever.
About the job:
- Twilio is seeking a senior server-side engineer to work on building reliable, scalable infrastructure, which enables large numbers of mobile and browser clients to connect and interact with its communications services.
- Participate in design and architecture of software solutions.
- Build server-side technologies using open-source stack comprising of Linux, Apache/Nginx, MySQL/Redis.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment with source control, dev/stage/production release cycles, continuous integration, and deployment.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience developing distributed systems.
- Deep experience in: TCP/UDP and HTTP/HTTPS protocols, scalable systems that manage connectivity over unreliable networks, knowledge of persistent layers using relational and/or NoSQL databases, server-side programming in Java and/or Python.
- Strong communication skills. Experience standing in front of non-technical audiences and explaining technical issues.
- Proven ability to work on closely-knit teams using Agile tools for tracking progress, issues, etc.
- Understanding of media codecs and transcoding.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers.
- Excellent gear (we Apple computers and big monitors - two if you need 'em).
- A strong belief in life/work balance.
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
||San Francisco, CA 94105 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Twilio powers the future of business communications. Enabling phones, VoIP, and messaging to be embedded into web, desktop, and mobile software.Self Funded All Jobs: at Twilio
|Headquarters:||645 Harrison Street|
San Francisco, CA 94107
|Company Profile:||Twilio is the developer platform for communications. With Twilio, developers and businesses make communications contextual by embedding voice, video, messaging and authentication directly into their software. We are re-inventing the communications market, taking it from its 150-year legacy in hardware to its future in software.
Twilio has more than 700,000 registered developers. Industry disruptors including Uber, Box and DocuSign and enterprises like Nordstrom, Coca-Cola, Walmart and Home Depot trust Twilio to power and innovate their communications at global scale.
Twilio is recognized as one of the 10 Fastest Growing Companies in San Francisco, one of The Bay Area's 10 Most InDemand Startups, and has over 400 employees with offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, New York City, Bogota, Tallinn, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.|
Support Twilio with Social Media services