Senior Software Engineer (Web) Mobile Commons
Built software that really makes a difference. Mobile Commons' software powers text messaging campaigns for some of the most well-known organizations in the world, ranging from Obama 2012, Google, New York MTA, Tumblr, UNICEF, This American Life, and many more.
And with these amazing customers come huge engineeing challenges. Our customers demand high availability and strict security (e.g. HIPAA compliance). Our distributed, message-driven architecture requires rock solid engineering, operations, and monitoring.
We are growing extremely quickly and hiring developers to scale our backend, to expand internationally, and to build amazing new mobile products around health care, government services, journalism and more.
You?re an awesome web programmer & passionate about technology. You know what ORM is, how to use it, and have strong opinions about it. If I hacked a project using data.gov, node.js, and Arduino you?d be really interested to see it. You?ve made something scale. You?ve clustered something. You?ve consumed a web service. You have a favorite distro. And a favorite data structure.
We're Looking For:
- Talented, highly motivated web programmers comfortable with the full technology stack, from the database to the front-end
- Experience supporting a production application is a must
- Experience with Ruby, Rails, and test driven development strongly preferred
- Experience scaling a distributed, message driven architecture would be nice too :)
- Ruby on Rails
- Redis & Resque
Why Join Mobile Commons:
- We're a product and engineering focused company that makes software that matters
- We pair-program, practice test-driven development, and release-early-release-often
- If you want, your job title can be "Jedi Knight"
- If you?re looking to be stimulated, solve hard technical problems, work with smart people, invent new markets, and not deal with bureaucracy, look no further
||Brooklyn, NY |