Senior Software Engineer - Web Twilio
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Twilio is powering the future of business communications, providing a platform for building modern, communications-enabled applications - light, cloud-based, scalable, and user experience focused.
- Nearly 150,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building applications for security, privacy, and fraud prevention; customer service and help desk support; sales communications; marketing and lead management; business process and logistics; and business communications and collaboration.
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia, WalmartLabs, and ZenDesk.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help modernize an enormous industry with software.
About the Job:
- We're seeking a Software Engineer to join Twilio's Web team and help build the best telecommunications API on the planet.
- This is a role focused on creating the next generation of tools to help our customers and operations teams manage their telecommunication infrastructure.
- Successful candidates will be strong full-stack developers with experience in creating user-facing features, maintaining large code bases, and engineering features with high scalability, security, and reliability.
- Work directly with product management to define, architect, and build new features.
- Maintain highly available, scalable, and reliable infrastructure.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years in industry as a developer working with public user-facing systems.
- Strong background in frontend engineering
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- Deductive reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative.
- You know the difference between an Abstract Base Class and an Interface, and when to use them.
- You have tuned an interface based off of customer feedback and empirical data.
- You have used pseudo-selectors, deferreds, and delegates in jQuery
- You have spent 4 hours figuring out what 4 characters are causing a bug
- You are passionate about making software that delights and simplifies.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers
- Excellent gear ("We Apple computers and big monitors - two if you need 'em");
- A strong belief in life/work balance
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States .
||San Francisco, CA 94105 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Twilio powers the future of business communications. Enabling phones, VoIP, and messaging to be embedded into web, desktop, and mobile software.Self Funded All Jobs: at Twilio
|Headquarters:||645 Harrison Street|
San Francisco, CA 94107
|Company Profile:||Twilio is the developer platform for communications. With Twilio, developers and businesses make communications contextual by embedding voice, video, messaging and authentication directly into their software. We are re-inventing the communications market, taking it from its 150-year legacy in hardware to its future in software.
Twilio has more than 700,000 registered developers. Industry disruptors including Uber, Box and DocuSign and enterprises like Nordstrom, Coca-Cola, Walmart and Home Depot trust Twilio to power and innovate their communications at global scale.
Twilio is recognized as one of the 10 Fastest Growing Companies in San Francisco, one of The Bay Area's 10 Most InDemand Startups, and has over 400 employees with offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, New York City, Bogota, Tallinn, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.|
Support Twilio with Social Media services