The Software Engineer, Quality is responsible for ensuring the quality of the assigned products or features. The Software Engineer, Quality creates technical test plans and test designs for the product or feature being tested and executes manual or automated test scripts across the multiple platforms that are supported, for the client, server and database. The Software Engineer, Quality works with a team of Quality Engineers/Analysts and participates in the identification, development, creation and improvement of the technical testing processes and framework and infrastructure.
Senior Software Engineer, Quality
· Performs all of the above Quality Analyst's functions plus:
· Defines/documents testing methodologies/processes.
· Mentors quality engineers on methodologies, technologies and problem solving techniques.
· Enhances the regression test suite and improves the code coverage.
· Responsible for development/integrity of test frameworks, data and system environments.
· Analyzes current testing mechanisms to determine areas of improvement.
· Trains and consults on use of tools.
· Develops and enhances automated test tools, test frameworks, and test development standards.
· Ensures test coverage adequately tests configurations supported by technology support matrix.
· Leads the creation of test designs; tests plans for the product release or feature under test.
· All of the minimum requirements of a Software Engineer, Quality plus:
· 5+ years experience in software development, testing and support
· Proficient in software development processes, models, lifecycles and methodologies
· Creating test designs and test plans Proficiency
· Proficient in the creation and execution of test case/scripts
· Proficient integration & regression testing
· Experience with defect tracking
· Knowledge of ERP Applications
· Automation test tools and test framework development proficiency.
· Proficient in various hardware, operating systems, web/application servers and relational databases
· Experience in various programming languages, such as: C, C++, HTML, Cobol, Visual Basic, and Java
· Knowledge of automated testing tools (Rational Robot, Silktest, WinRunner, etc.)
· Knowledge of various Internet/web based application architectures
· Knowledge of object-oriented analysis, design and programming methodologies and tools
· Knowledge of physical and logical network infrastructures
|Location:||multiple, multiple |