Senior Software Revenue Accountant Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Software Revenue Accountant
Foster City, CA
Guidewire Software (NYSE: GWRE) is a leading provider of software's next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, difficult to get right, and actually a lot of fun to work on, and to implement. Demand for our software and professional services is on the rise, and we are growing to meet the needs of the market. Our Professional Services team includes Field Consulting, Education, Customer Support, and the Guidewire Services Center (Ireland).
We are looking for a Senior Software Revenue Accountant to join our team at headquarters in Foster City.
- Review revenue related contracts to determine proper revenue recognition methodology, including complete accounting summary for each contract
- Research and prepare technical accounting memos on new products/services and revenue-related, non-standard customer contracts
- Responsible for timely and accurate close of the revenue cycle (AR and Revenue) and all associated reporting and reconciliations
- Flexible thinker capable of quickly grasping new processes and procedures
- Assist in preparing and maintaining the company's revenue recognition policy
- Actively participate in month, quarter and year-end close activities as well as quarterly reviews & annual audits
- Expertise with VSOE/TPE/ESP analyses and experience in performing quarterly VSOE/TPE/ESP study
- SaaS and Software experience helpful, need good understanding of revenue recognition and GAAP
Our hiring is as methodical, rational and stringent as our Development standardsâ€¦so here is a few of our requirements.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Good knowledge of technical revenue accounting and operations; in particular revenue recognition accounting literature, including EITF 08-01,SOPs 97-2 & 81-1
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent required
- CPA, Big4 & Industry experience preferred with N+ years of accounting experience
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do. Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation.
Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US with offices in London, Dublin, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and operations in Poland and mainland China. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is also publicly traded on the NYSE EURO under the call sign GWRE.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services