Senior Solution Consultant Java Developer - Dublin Guidewire Software
Want to Work for a Different Type of Software Company? Join the Guidewire team.
At Guidewire, a combination of good working conditions, an excellent market opportunity, a rational and meritocratic company culture, quality software products, and a long history of careful hiring have allowed us to create an enviable work environment. Business Insider ranked Guidewire as the #1 tech employer in Silicon Valley for two years in a row. Find out why.
We know who we are. Guidewire is a software company.
Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, difficult to get right, and actually a lot of fun to work on. Demand for our software is on the rise, and we are growing to meet the needs of the market.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Solution Consultant (Java Developer) based in our Global Solutions Centre in Dublin, you will be delivering application configuration and integration programs following Guidewire best practices in integrating our products with external applications. You will provide remote consulting support for our customers globally. As the team leader of projects, you will act as main liaison for the onsite team and escalation point for any issues. Projects will vary from new customer implementations to upgrades, data migration and reporting.
Our Solutions Consultants are both developers and subject matter experts.
You will be helping make our customer's lives easier and their businesses more efficient as they adopt our solution. Our job in Professional Services begins when the software leaves the engineering floor; each customer has their own configuration and integration needs. Our Source Code is never modified but the way the software can look and flow will depend on the country and the company. The Solution Consultants are expected to learn and master Guidewire's Suite of products through training and certification. Once certified you will partner with Guidewire on-site consultants and client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements.
As a Senior Solution Consultant (Java Developer), you will be a unique blend of technical aptitude, business savvy, and a strong communicator. We send a small team of Subject Matter Experts who work in tandem with the insurance company's internal team to address their needs, and become a trusted advisor and mentor. Our services team is involved in every sale, and you can rest assured that the requirements are being established by professionals who have been through implementations themselves. Our software is incredibly complex and well-tested â€"over 1,000 years' of man hours has been invested in our products so far.
Become a Subject Matter Expert.
We invest in you immediately by sending you through product certification training, and then a shadow assignment with a customer. You'll receive 2 months of training before you're ever expected to be billable. The travel would be limited to the 30 day certification training at our offices in Silicon Valley in California. Ordinarily you will work regular business hours in Ireland. We do hold an annual Services meeting in California which you would also be invited to attend each year.
Our hiring is as methodical, rational and stringent as our Development standardsâ€¦
- Work in the Dublin office, with occasional travel to the US specifically to our headquarters in Silicon Valley, California, or customer sites located worldwide
- Learn and master Guidewire's Suite of products in order to perform configuration and integration of our products for technical consulting and become certified
- Lead a team of Solutions Consultants and act as the core point of contact and escalation point for the team
- Participate actively in ongoing recruiting activities such as technical assessments and interviews of candidates
- Partner with Guidewire on-site consultants and client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements
- Configure Guidewire applications and develop Guidewire business rules using Guidewire Studio
- Develop custom integration programs to connect Guidewire applications with other internal and external systems using JAVA and XML
- Execute configuration/integration tests including monitoring software incidents and communicating software issues to Guidewire development
To be considered you should have a minimum of 5 years post graduate experience in the following:
- BSc in Computer Science or higher from a third level or higher education institution
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as OO design, development and test skills with proven patterns knowledge, exceptional documentation skills, and the ability to communicate your thought process
- JAVA, J2EE, JMS, JDBC OR C#, .NET experience â€" we do facilitate a technical test as part of the selection process
- Software development lifecycle exposure (AGILE) preferred
- Problem solving skills
- Extraordinary fondness for details
- Ability and willingness to recruit, develop, lead and manage the performance of a small, specialist team
- Ability to travel to the US for product certification and interest and ability to travel occasionally to the US
- PLEASE NOTE: We are only able to hire candidates who have the legal right to work in the EU/EEA
Other types of things that we like to cultivate â€"
- Curiosity based on genuine love of technology and solving tough technical problems
- Accountability based on an earnest desire to do what is expected without prompting
- Kindness and respect for your fellow teammates. We truly do want to build teams that like to work together so we do hire team players who are motivated to be courteous and productive
What's in it for me otherwise?
We know that people work based on incentives so we have an exceptional and rational compensation policy. We pay base, performance incentives, and RSU's (restricted stock units). Now that we are a public company, you can not only participate in profit sharing but in the equity distribution of our mutual outcome. We also invest in other important benefits such as healthcare. We continually invest in training and career development. It is our policy to â€œgrow our ownâ€ technical experts and leaders.
Established in 2011, Guidewire's Irish centre helps meet a growing global customer demand for expertise in implementing Guidewire's products. The Dublin centre, now our second largest office outside of Silicon Valley, was established to extend our core applications to accelerate the delivery of critical new product functionality to our customers.. We use the same rigorous, quality-focused methodology that Guidewire's customers have come to expect from the rest of the core system suite.
Learn more about Guidewire and our approach to building software at http://www.guidewire.com/about_guidewire/careers
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services