Senior Systems Administrator Construction Software Technologies
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Position Purpose
We are looking for an individual to be responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and
the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems.
This individual will serve as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating
systems. In addition, he/she will recommend the redesign and configuration of operating systems and
system applications; as well as Investigate and analyze feasibility of system requirements and develops
system specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Manages the day-to-day operations of systems and by monitoring system performance,
configuration, maintenance and repair. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment
inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works
with vendors to assist support activities.
2. Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing
procedures to ensure operational reliability. Trains technical staff in how to use new software and
hardware developed and/or acquired.
3. Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving
outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
4. Establishes guidelines and methods for installation and management computer operating
systems, disk arrays, fiber channel switches, tape libraries and other components.
5. Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical computer
6. Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of
nature and user abuse.
7. Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating
systems and host-based applications.
8. Develops and coordinates project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize
impacts on the customer organizations. Provides leadership in planning and implementation of
projects for computer operations and enterprise systems administration.
9. Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and
recommends ways to take advantage of new technology.
10. Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all
positions perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Experience designing and implementing widely distributed .NET based applications infrastructure
2. Must be well versed in and have experience with software development and QA standards, IT
policies and procedures, and technology standards
3. In depth knowledge of Cloud and Virtualization technologies (Azure, S3, EC2, VMware)
4. Ability to Plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure
systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures; communicate technical/complex
information both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust
and credibility; perform
5. Extensive Experience with Microsoft and Linux Server Operating Systems
6. Extensive experience with MS SQL
7. Extensive experience with EMC SAN design and administration
8. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology.
Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement. JOB PROFILE
9. 2 or more years of IT experience in the Software as a Service industry
1. Windows 2003, 2008 & 2012 Server administration
2. Linux Server Administration
3. Windows Cluster Services
4. SQL Server/SQL Clustering 2005 & 2008
5. WAN/LAN administration
6. SAN Admin (a. Brocade, b. EMC, c. Dell EMC)
7. Veritas Net Backup
8. VMware ESXi-5
9. System Center Configuration Manager/Operations Manager
10. System Monitoring and Alerting
Reporting to this position: None at this time
||4500 Lake Forest Drive |
Cincinnati, OH 45242
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED