Senior Systems Engineer / Architect, Analytics Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Guidewire Software is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer with strong coding abilities to technically lead the development of analytics solutions. The ideal candidate has experience with enterprise-scale analytics systems, system-to-system integrations and SaaS or Cloud application development and deployment. We value architects who are able to implement the solutions they design, while providing guidance to other leads and software engineers on the team.
Guidewire serves the property and casualty insurance market and is working on ways to offer modeling and predictive capabilities to customers. Guidewire's development process is sustainable (no death marches), work/life balance friendly, and we pride ourselves on a calm, systematic, and rational approach to our business. See and hear from our employees at http://www.guidewire.com/about_guidewire/careers.
- Design all technical aspects of analytics solutions within the Guidewire insurance suite and cloud-based capabilities
- Integrate Guidewire systems with 3rd-party and in-house analytics solutions for insurance
- Help define and guide the implementation of useful product offerings related to analytics
- Incorporate traditional and ground-breaking analytics models into Guidewire solutions
- Be the point person for technical discussions about and evaluation of analytics solutions
We care most about your critical thinking skills and technical talent. In addition, this position requires the following:
Nice to have
- Understanding of application workflow usability
- Service-based integration
- Experience in deploying analytical models into business applications, assume models developed by a separate modeling team
- Strong ETL/Data experience
- Experience designing a flexible architecture that allows us to develop new applications without a re-write or re-design
- Strong coding abilities in Java
This is a position for our office in Foster City, California. To learn more about Guidewire Software, see our website (http://www.guidewire.com/).
- Exposure to analytic software tools such as R, SAS, SPSS, STATISTICA, Oracle Data Mining
- Good understanding of the statistical algorithms typically used in business applications
PLEASE NOTE: We are only able to hire candidates who have the legal right to work in the United States. Principals only. No phone calls, please.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services