Senior Software Systems Engineer
Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. In Q1 of 2013 Tesla has delivered more than 10,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Tesla's Model S is the world's first premium sedan designed and engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle and was named Automobile Magazine's 2013 Automobile of the YearÂ® and Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the YearÂ®
Tesla is looking to hire a world-class system software engineer for the team building the user-facing displays for Model S and future-generation electric vehicles.
Road & Track Magazine writes, â€œâ€œUnsurprisingly, the enormous 17-inch touch screen in the center console is the Tesla's centerpiece. It's gorgeous and works well. The Google Maps display is huge and breathtakingly high-resolution... The basic hardware-the capacitive touch screen-is brilliant: clear, bright, and as responsive as an Apple iPad, replete with pinch-to-zoom gestures.â€
The ideal candidate is fanatically skilled â€" and driven â€" in building system-level software to make the most of cutting-edge hardware and peripherals to deliver a stunning customer experience.
We are seeking expertise in embedded Linux, storage management, USB, audio/DSP, Bluetooth, power management, WiFi/networking, and/or multimedia. We code primarily in C++, and proficiency in scripting tools like bash, python, and/or perl is a must.
- Design, code, and debug system-level software across a range of domains.
- Develop software to evaluate hardware readiness.
- Work with a cross-functional team of hardware engineers, application/UI software engineers and QA/Validation.
- Create, update, and augment hardware drivers.
- Code primarily in C++ and C
- Broad and deep familiarity across a range of system software domains
- 5-10 years of experience building system software for embedded devices and/or custom hardware.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering high-quality code in a short amount of time.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|