Senior Technical Consultant
USA, Chicago,200 South Wacker Drive
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Infor Global Solutions
Senior Technical Consultant
Infor Global Solutions delivers fully integrated enterprise solutions for a wide range of industries, as well as best-in-class, stand-alone products that address the essential challenges its customers face in areas such as enterprise resource planning, Public Sector, supply chain planning and execution, customer and supplier relationship management, asset management, product lifecycle management, financial and performance management, and business intelligence. With approximately $3B in revenue, 12,400 employees, and offices in over 190 countries, Infor provides enterprise solutions to more than 70,000 customers. For additional information, visit www.infor.com.
POSITION: Senior Technical Consultant
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
This position is for a senior technical consultant that is an integral part of the Infor Public Sector Professional Services team providing first class product implementation, consulting services, and business process knowledge to our Public Sector customers in cities throughout the globe.
- Utilizes technical and business expertise to evaluate customer needs and create leading edge solutions
- Is an expert in a specific technology and/or client industry, preferably Public Sector
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises sound judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Works independently on large and/or complex technical projects
- Participates in Infor Hansen Public Sector Suite implementation projects.
- Assist with the information gathering process for client implementations; including the development of functional business requirements, creation of design documents, workflows, technical specifications, field mappings, and infrastructure diagrams.
- System architecture and technical roadmap designs.
- Configure business and technical software products
- Develop test plans and test software configuration management plans
- Provide training and training documentation to system end users
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years consulting experience, preferably with a â€œBig 5â€ consulting firm
- Experience with full project delivery lifecycle on large enterprise software projects
- 4 year college degree: Any Engineering discipline, Computer Science, Mathematics, or physical science
- Master's degree preferred but not required
- Familiarity with the following technologies,
o Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (specifically C#, ASP.NET MVC, LINQ)
o Web services (WCF, SOAP, REST), HTML5, CSS, Java Script
o Team experience including structured source code management using Subversion or GIT
o Mobile development frameworks (jqTouch, jQuery mobile, PhoneGap)
o Architecting multi-tier applications using the .NET framework
o Accessing database using .NET ORMs (EF, Hibernate, iBatis, llblgen Pro)
- High achiever with a drive to succeed.
- Ability to work independently and as apart of a team
- Strong oral and written communication that effectively articulates complex ideas.
- Excellent time management skills
- Technical or Business Leadership roles in prior projects (not PM role)
- Team player with the ability to build strong peer and interpersonal relationships.
- Excellent problem solving, logic, and analytic skills.
- Good writing and communication skills.
Infor Global Solutions offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Infor respects and embraces diversity in our workforce. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Send to Friend