Senior Technical Instructor Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Do you have a passion for teaching, and love technology? If you're a geek and a communicator, we want to meet you. In this position, you can help make our products and services better, evangelize Splunk and have fun doing it. Customers love Splunk and will be even more smitten once you teach them all it can do. We need someone with experience delivering in-person and virtual education offerings to IT professionals. Customer and partner education is key to our success.
The ideal candidate understands web and online community concepts, has worked as a system administrator, chewed on log files, and is proficient in shell scripting. Experience in coding C, C++, REST and/or python is a plus. Security background and credentials: plus, plus.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Deliver Splunk classes at customer site, training center or via the web to customers, partners and employees
- Follow instructor best practices
- Consistently achieves instructor rating of 3.3 and above (out of 4)
- Review course updates and documentation on new features
- Contribute to group success by writing and maintaining scripts, TtT info and/or manage class servers
- Mark attendance and lab completion in the LMS right after class completion
- Share technical information with the group and other teams as appropriate
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 3+ years teaching technical material to an audience of system administrators, developers or network engineers
- Strong technical acumen, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In person and virtual classroom experience
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to work independently and as part of a group
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED