Senior Technical Instructor Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Can you teach as well as you code?
Guidewire Professional Services is growing our Education Consulting team based on strong global demand. We would like to find an experienced technical instructor, trainer or implementation consultant with an interest in delivering training on product configuration and integration to Guidewire customers, partners and staff. This role serves as a customer facing position representing Guidewire Software.
The successful Technical Instructor is expected to become proficient in how our products can be configured and how integrations can be implemented between our products and other systems. The instructor will provide training to Guidewire customers and partners. He or She is expected to work closely with other Guidewire trainers and curriculum developers to keep abreast of product capabilities, to contribute to improvements in our training materials and review new training materials before they are finalized for delivery.
Instructors can be based in Columbus, OH and should expect up to 25% travel internationally with notice.
To be successful in this role, the right candidate will need:
Some of the essential training skills needed are:
- experience in implementing enterprise software,
- product configuration experience using XML,
- experience implementing integrations between different systems, and
- the ability to deliver training to customers effectively
- strong oral and written communication skills;
- ability to troubleshoot issues on the spot to enable students to complete exercises;
- demonstrated ability to efficiently work with customers;
- previous experience with complex enterprise application software;
- technical skills with XML or similar configuration and software integration including a foundation of OO programming;
- demonstrated ability to teach business, configuration and integration concepts for software products;
- prior training experience with business process software such as Peoplesoft, Siebel, Ariba or SAP n-tier web architected solutions, and
- a flexible enthusiastic approach to work.
Desired skills/experience include:
- background as a trainer at a Big 5 consulting firm or equivalent;
- background in enterprise software consulting - at least 7 years experience;
- understanding of property and casualty insurance with a preference towards claim or underwriting experience.
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups.
The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and now, Dublin. Guidewire is publicly traded on NYSE under symbol: GWRE.
||United States, PA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services