SENIOR TECHNICAL SERVICES CONSULTANT
The role of the Senior Technical Services Consultant is to act either as a lead member of an implementation team under the direction of a Project Manager for large service engagements or as the single point of contact for other service engagements.
The Senior Technical Services Consultant will provide Bit9 customers with technical and best practice guidance, hands-on configuration, implementation support, product mentoring, and in the case of other service engagements, project management support. Bit9 implementation service offerings are designed and offered to ensure that Bit9 customers have successful and sustainable implementations, and recognize value in their Bit9 investments.
This role will need to be filled by a resource that is comfortable living in the Customerâs realm as well as building a partnership with cross-functional groups throughout Bit9. A strong desire for success and a positive demeanor is essential to this job. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the service-oriented nature of this position, knowledge of security technologies and best practices, and proficiency in Windows with Linux and Mac exposure.
As a Senior Technical Services Consultant you will be expected to mentor other staff members and provide thought leadership on how to continually improve Bit9âs implementation services and approaches, as well as provide customer feedback and product ideas to Bit9.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Responsibilities Include
- Work as a Senior Technical Services Consultant to fully deploy Bit9 software at customer sites
- Collect technical requirements from customer and configure the Bit9 software to work within the capabilities of the application for those requirements. Review the configuration decisions that are available to customer and provide expertise and guidance on best practices.
- Provide in-depth onsite and remote technical guidance to new Bit9 customers to ensure a successful implementation
- For single-Consultant assigned engagements, perform project management functions including, but not limited to, project scheduling, project tracking and status/completion reporting
- Build and maintain customer relationships
- Work efficiently with customer technical support team to solve customer issues
- Provide market and product feature input to product management and engineering
- Work closely with other members of the services team evaluating, testing and rolling out future product releases
- Responsible for best practices material development and maintenance in concert with Bit9 product releases
- 40-60% overnight travel (8-12 days per month)
Qualifications & Requirements
Bit9 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only direct applications will be considered; no recruiters please.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years field consulting experience, including project management experience
- Experience with multiple operating systems, security policies and terminology
- Knowledge of enterprise IT infrastructures, configuration, and management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows configuration and management
- Knowledge of IT security technologies and best practices
- Proven ability to work on a technical services team, provide technical leadership, and evangelize early-stage technology
- Experience delivering a professional services/consulting product
- Ability to create, manage, and maintain project plans
- Experience with various types of training content development/maintenance
- Ability to translate customer needs into technical solutions and recommendations
- Superb trouble-shooting skills:
- Proficient in Windows, XP, 7, 8, 2003/2008/2012 server and supporting technologies/products
- Exposure to Linux and Mac environments and supporting technologies/products
- Ability to function as an individual contributor detached from the corporate environment
- Ability to handle/manage multiple simultaneous engagements
- Highly motivated with strong communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Content development and delivery skills
- Superb troubleshooting/diagnostic/analytical skills
- CISSP certification a plus
- PMP or equivalent work experience in project management a plus