Senior Technical Writer - Apigee Enterprise Apigee
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED About Apigee, The API Company
Apps are changing the way we live, and APIs are the secret ingredient that makes apps work. Apigee gives businesses and developers everything they need to be successful in the app economy. Hundreds of companies including AT&T, eBay, Pearson, Gilt Groupe, and Walgreens use Apigee to reach new customers and drive innovation through APIs.
Apigee's API Platform enables businesses and developers to deliver well designed, scalable APIs and apps, drive developer adoption, and extract business value from their API ecosystem.
About Apigee People
Apigee hires smart people who love to solve hard problems and have fun. We?re passionate. We love APIs, we love our customers, and we love application developers. We work as a team, fast and focused, learning as we go. We respect one another, our customers, and everyone we do business with.
About being a Senior Technical Writer at Apigee
Apigee is hiring a Senior Technical Writer. Apigee is looking for an experienced technical writer to design, develop and deliver high quality API documentation and programming guides for API providers and application developers. You will plan, research, write, release, and maintain documentation for our web-based applications and APIs. We are looking for a talented writer who learns quickly, embraces technology, and is excited to contribute to the developer experience with our products.
The Senior Technical Writer will:
- Plan and write documentation for our web-based applications and public APIs
- Develop working code samples
- Work with developers and product management to understand the behavior and nuances of our products
- Become a product user yourself and develop the skills to address the needs of developers on all levels
- Support our professional services and sales teams, helping them locate and understand the information they require and providing documentation updates to address immediate needs
- Have opportunities to influence product development and provide your unique point of view
- Participate in content and process improvement initiatives
- Collaborate with engineers
Think you might be our next Senior Technical Writer? You bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience as a API / software application technical writer
- A proven track record of working in an agile and deadline-driven environment with high attention to detail and consistency
- Experience creating API reference documentation and code samples for enterprise software
Understanding of industry standard technologies & protocols (HTTP, WSDL, XML, XSD, SOAP, JSON, and REST)
- Ability to master software and systems quickly
- Strong product-oriented focus ? willingness to dive deep to understand the product
- Experience in short release cycles on product that has been released for public consumption
- Proven experience designing, writing, and testing API reference documentation and other developer-focused content
- Excellent interpersonal and general business communication skills
- BA/BS in Technical Writing, English, Computer Science, or related degree or comparable experience
- Knowledge of telecom and networking a plus
Apigee offers great compensation, work-life balance, health insurance coverage, insurance for your financial protection, and savings/investment plans. This includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, and 401(k).
We are a non-accrued vacation time company, whereby we allow as much time you need for personal and vacation matters, with proper management approval. There is freedom in planning the workday with flexible start and stop times subject to the company's needs.
Apigee is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
||Palo Alto, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED