Senior Technical Writer Cockroach Labs
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world. Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We strive to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products.
Critical to the mission of making data easy is creating comprehensive, easy-to-follow documentation for our global community of open source users and contributors. As CockroachDB continues toward v1.0 readiness and beyond, we need an articulate, curious Technical Writer to join our Docs team.
In this position, you'll be a core member of a small team, investigating and explaining deeply technical issues. Working closely with developers, designers, and users, you will help expand and refine our documentation to be the most effectively instructive, informative, and persuasive of its kind.
Come play a pivotal role in helping us on our mission to Make Data Easy!
- Drive complex and strategically important documentation projects.
- Develop eloquent and persuasive explanations of CockroachDB concepts and features.
- Design highly usable instructions and tutorials on installation, development, deployment, and administration.
- Write comprehensive CLI and SQL reference material.
- Compose concise and effective command line and in-UI help.
- Collaborate closely with CockroachDB' s development team to track and identify documentation needs.
- Hands-on usage to learn and document new features and changes.
- Monitor and solicit CockroachDB user feedback to identify documentation gaps and opportunities.
- Help design and improve documentation conventions, processes, and tools.
- Review and edit documents written by others.
- Sharp writing and editing skills. We are passionate about clarity, concision, and correctness.
- Curiosity and technical aptitude.
- Proven experience writing documentation for technical audiences (application developers, database administrators, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to learn by doing and to convert technical knowledge into highly usable documentation.
- Experience working closely with engineering and product teams as part of the software development process.
- Ability to balance multiple projects while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to improve the efficiency and quality of documentation and related processes.
- Competency with HTML, CSS, and UNIX.
- Experience with Git or other source control systems.
Cockroach Labs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you need assistance with applying for a position, please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
||101 5th Avenue, 4th Floor |
New York, NY 10003
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Tags:||Documentation Technical Writing |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Open source relational database that is scalable, survivable and consistent.
20 - 50M RaisedInvestors: Benchmark Capital
, FirstMark Capital
, Google Ventures
, Index Ventures
, Sequoia Capital All Jobs: at Cockroach Labs
|Headquarters:||101 5th Avenue, 4th Floor|
New York, NY 10003
|Company Profile:||OUR MISSION: MAKE DATA EASY
Cockroach Labs is the company behind CockroachDB, an open source database headquartered in New York City. CockroachDB is a distributed relational database that is scalable, survivable, and strongly consistent - hence the name. It combines the rich functionality of SQL with the horizontal scalability common to NoSQL offerings, and provides enterprise-grade disaster recovery. The company was founded in 2015 with a mission to Make Data Easy.
CockroachDB enables developers to build scalable applications that can survive data center outages without breaking a sweat. With strong consistency, distributed SQL, and transactions, CockroachDB frees developers to focus on what matters - building great applications.|
Support Cockroach Labs with Social Media services