Senior Technical Writer eHarmony
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to peopleâs lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
Weâre looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. Weâre the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we're the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we're the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. Thatâs 271 marriages per day.
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. We have more than 33 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom and Australia and through our affiliation with eDarling, have a presence in 11 countries throughout continental Europe. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.
The Senior Technical Writer at eHarmony is responsible for managing all documentation projects for the eHarmony Technology organization. The Writer expresses complex technical concepts effectively, both in writing and diagrams. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and/or updating architectural diagrams for the eHarmony productâs logical services and components
- Working with engineers to write and maintain the documentation for each of the services and components
- Writing and maintaining JSON API documentation
- Regularly updating Release Summaries
- Documenting upcoming functionality changes presented at planning meetings
- Working with the CTO on projects and efforts that need documentation
- Managing eHarmony Confluence Wiki access, organization, and user instruction
Bachelorâs degree or higher in English, Computer Science, or some other relevant area of study or equivalent work experience
The following experience, skills, and traits are required in order for the Senior Technical Writer to adequately perform his/her duties at eHarmony.
- Minimum of five yearsâ experience in software technical writing
- Two or more years of experience working with a Wiki application such as Confluence, MediaWiki, TWiki, etc.
- Five or more years using Adobe Framemaker or some other industry standard, multi-chapter document publishing system
- Excellent grammar skills
- Understanding of HTML and/or XML
- writing and publishing both online and hard copy documents
- writing for both internal (engineering) and external audiences
- Self-motivated and organized
- Ability to handle time-sensitive projects and deliver on schedule
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work with other departments to build a collaborative environment
The following items are not required, but may be helpful:
- Experience with an enterprise-level content management system
- Programming experience
- Online Help writing
- Management experience (in case contractors are needed)
||Santa Monica, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED