Senior UI/Visual Designer Platfora
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Here at Platfora and we are revolutionizing the way companies work with big data. We are building a product unlike anything that has been seen before: our designers are challenged to solve problems and invent solutions every working day. We are making big data useful, interactive, and beautiful for users. Design is at the core of our ethos.
You believe that aesthetics are essential to creating a usable interface. You would refuse a great job requiring you to work in a repellant interface, and you want to save the world from the same fate. You have a cutting-edge design sense and a history of applying it to unique user interfaces. You enjoy working with a world-class product design team to create shipped products from your ideas. You thrive at an early stage startup in a fun and open environment with co-workers who are unconstrained by the status quo.
- Design the visual user interface standards for new Platfora products, to address business, brand, market, and user requirements
- Create page layouts/UIs, color palettes, typography, wireframes, system flows, iconography and user interface elements, while monitoring design consistency across all projects
- Become the expert on visual design impact on data visualization
- Work directly with the front-end application engineers to ensure fidelity of the design standards across the application, including work with CSS
- Work with product managers and engineers to create customer-focused solutions to business objectives
- Analyze usability and design of existing or competitive products and features
- Limited work with the marketing team on the corporate identity: collateral, website, etc (being a startup, we all need to pitch in to keep things humming along!).
- 7+ years of experience
- Strong visual design skills: layout, hierarchy, typography, color theory, and patterns
- Exceptional creativity, passion for beautiful user interfaces, and pixel-perfect attention to detail
- A portfolio demonstrating a the application of excellent design sense to varied user interfaces
- Mastery of tools for designing, producing, and wireframing user interfaces
- Successful experience in, and enjoyment of, a collaborative and open work environment
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Ability to work on-location in San Mateo, CA
You Get Bonus Points For--
- Academic background in human factors/ergonomics, cognitive science, psychology or HCI
- Experience with Business Intelligence or data visualization
- Mobile visual design experience
What You Can Expect
We are laser focused on building the next great data company. If you join us, you can expect to work with talented, driven, creative and results-oriented co-workers who also bring joy and balance to their work. Your compensation will include meaningful equity ownership and a competitive salary and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Local Bay Area candidates only. Principals only.
||San Mateo, CA 94402 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED