Senior Vehicle Homologation Engineer - China Tesla Motors
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile
Senior Vehicle Homologation l Engineer - China
This position will be responsible for new and existing vehicle type approval for the Chinese and Hong Kong markets. This role requires clear understanding of required government bureaucratic procedures, vehicle type approval requirements and management of testing and paperwork to support type approval. This role requires the candidate to have strong contacts with Chinese test labs and/or regulatory/government bodies and possess the ability to influence and work through issues that arise in areas where electric vehicle requirements are not solidified.
The successful candidate for this position must have a technical background with regulatory requirements and demonstrated experience in the type approval field with a strong background in automotive related government operations. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to coordinate and influence activities within and outside of Tesla Motors.
- Identify Chinese homologation requirements for new vehicle programs.
- Participate in design reviews and design release approvals to assure program design is on track to meet Chinese requirement.
- Develop test programs required to achieve type approval for new vehicles and existing vehicle variants
- Work with Tesla Engineers to create required documentation for testing and compliance.
- Work with internal Tesla personnel, test labs, consultants and regulatory/government bodies to drive type approval on planned schedule.
- Read and interpret Chinese automotive regulations and help translate to English for the benefit of Tesla Engineers.
- Develop and maintain Conformity of Production plan working with production and quality teams to assure ongoing compliance to type approval basis is maintained and documented for ongoing audits by international agencies.
- Manage third party consultants within China and HK as needed to work with regulatory bodies on behalf of Tesla Motors.
- Chinese national
- A Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or other relevant technical discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with at least 3 years in an automotive / government related role.
- Demonstrated experience working with various government bodies is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience on vehicle programs in China and Hong Kong.
o Established network of homologation test labs, regulatory agents and regulatory body contacts.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
o Mandarin / Cantonese language skills are an absolute must.
o Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 50% of the time within the country while supporting homologation activities. Occasional international travel (<25%) would also be required.
||China, ME |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED