Senior Web Application Developer daqri
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED This versatile role will require a senior developer to mentor, lead, and integrate our junior engineering team to deliver the most cutting edge server/client application that is fault tolerant, efficient, and scalable.
We are developing a system that can serve content to millions of users a day. To be successful, you must be able to write applications that are clear, efficient, and scalable at a fast pace in real time. You have worked on a python application at a scale that has reached millions of users. You are a full lifecycle systems engineer that not only loves writing code but also integrating entire systems. You are experienced with leading small teams and handle pressure.
- Lead a team of engineers to build our file systems and integrate databases for tens of millions of user interactions though a Django web interface
- Obsessively improve performance on all parts of our stack
- Optimize our backend systems and integrate with emerging cloud platforms
- Design and implement highly scalable application interfaces for file serving and data services
- Lead the web development team to create and maintain our web portal
- Use Jira to manage and assign tasks to the development team
- Report to the director of engineering
- Administer tools for the team including managing permissions, training, and implementation
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 6+ years in the industry with extensive python experience and an example project
- Experience working with databases
- Ability to multi-task and delegate
- Clear communication and presentation skills
- Django, Python, MySQL, HTML5, CSS, JQuery
- Prior startup experience
- Demonstrated open-source contributions
- IEEE Published
- MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of Amazon Cloud Services
- Knowledge of celery, rabbitmq, twitter-bootstrap, and REST based web services
daqri offers a competitive base salary of 80-120k with bonus and equity compensation packages
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Once in a long while, a new technology emerges that is so powerful it changes the way we see and interact with the world around us. From the printing press to the telegraph, telephone to radio, TV to Internet and mobile, we have learned that technology disruption occurs about once per generation. Augmented reality is the next and biggest communications revolution in history.Self Funded All Jobs: at daqri
|Headquarters:||1201 W. 5th Street|
Los Angeles, CA 90017
|Company Profile:||Augmented reality is about to completely redefine human-computer interaction. In a few years, head-up displays and AR-enabled glasses will be ubiquitous, and anything that's ever been on a screen will be accessible via a fluid visual interface that seamlessly appears to the individual anywhere, anytime, in the context of the world at large.
Fueled by passion, inventiveness and collaboration, the daqri team has pioneered industry-leading advances in both technology and design in the augmented reality space. daqri 4D is a world-class, cloud-hosted platform that makes it easy and cost-effective to publish, update and optimize augmented reality in real time. Our aim is to visually connect the world around us with the right information at the right time in a way that is both meaningful and beautiful.
As a daqri employee, you're encouraged to pursue uncompromising excellence while doing what you love. We believe in hiring the very best, who will bring to bear their creativity, focused expertise, and a profound desire to make a lasting impact. If you're interested in joining a visionary team creating the ultimate fusion of digital and physical realities, we want to hear from you.
Support daqri with Social Media services