SEO Engineer Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Search Engine Optimization | Santa Monica, CA, United States
Who We're Looking For
- Are you passionate about SEO?
- Do you chuckle when you see a 302 instead of a 301?
- Do you have some technical skills?
- Is building a simple website for your easy for you?
- Curious about what makes a search engine tick?
The eHow Team is looking for an ambitious, hands-on SEO, product manager, or developer to join our Search Engine Optimization team in Santa Monica, CA. We're looking for self-starters who are excited about SEO and want to be on the leading edge of developing technology and social media.
This SEO Manager will have a strong understanding of web technologies and a passion for search engine optimization. He or she will demonstrate good intuition with consumer search behavior and have the desire to expand his or her knowledge of SEO best practices, search engine algorithms and ranking factors to improve the user's experience. This SEO will be an analytic thinker and is curious about why, as much as the how. He or she will further the SEO Culture at Demand Media through steady communication of SEO best practices at all levels of the organization.
Daily SEO / Product Responsibilities
- Conduct ongoing SEO assessments of and implement SEO best practices with a focus on 'quick winsâ€ as well as long term strategies
- Consult product managers on SEO & Ux â€œbest practicesâ€ to guide product plans including site redesigns, product enhancements, and new site features
- Create requirements and documentation that clearly state the core functionality and goals of the product
- Work with Development andâ€¨QA teams to ensure technical SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming
- Optimize eHow for traditional search as well as for universal search, mobile search, video search, image search, international search and more
- Stay on top of current search engine news, trends, SEO practices, and emerging items of interest
- Ongoing keyword research, analysis, recommendations and execution
- Survey marketplace for similar approaches and SEO tactics and evaluate how Demand Media might do things better / differently or leverage successful techniques where they exist
- At least 3 years of significant web experience
Strong working knowledge of:
Working knowledge of the product development processes such as:
- Familiarity with common web technologies
- Agile,Kanban or Waterfall
- An analytical thinker with good communication skills
- Understanding of the search engine industry and SEO best practices
- The ability to communicate these items to colleagues and management teams
- Sound understanding of user experience for the web
- Must be a committed team player, able to work both independently and interact with management and other staff members
- +1 for knowing a programming language
- +1 for knowledge of Web Analytics
- +1 for knowledge of A/B split & multivariate testing
- Omniture Insights
- Google Analytics
If you're truly serious about this position, please also include a Cover Letter that addresses these 2 topics:
- What's your #1 rule with SEO?
- Tell me about 3 SEO projects that you're most proud of and why you're proud of them
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED