SERDES Design Engineer II, New Graduate 2014 (11786578) Freescale Semiconductor Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Primary Location: US-AZ-Chandler (AZ50)
Job Field: IC Design
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Job Type: Recent Graduate
This position is for a SERDES Digital Design Engineer responsible for architecture, and design of high speed serial IO interfaces in Freescale?s Analog Mixed Signal Design Group.
The team is primarily responsible for design tasks related to High Speed IO IP level development including architecture definition, design, supporting pre-silicon verification and post silicon validation.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Digital and Mixed Signal High Speed IO Architecture and Design
- High speed IO definition, protocols, and performance tradeoff analysis.
- Digital and Mixed signal design tools including RTL, simulation, synthesis, timing, and test.
- High Speed IO channel modeling.
- Understanding of IP level interfaces, clocks, resets, power management and DFx.
- Involved in Register Transfer Level (RTL) logic design in hardware description languages and functional verification.
- Work with validation team to develop the validation plan, and support silicon debug.
- Improve accuracy and efficiency through design automation and continuous process improvement.
Currently the team is developing 28Gbps serial interfaces using 28nm CMOS technology.
Prefer a candidate with a PhD in Electrical Engineering specializing in High Speed IO design. May consider a candidate with a Master?s degree.
- Course work, dissertation/thesis concentration on Serdes High Speed IO design.
- Knowledge of high speed IO protocols including PCI Express, SATA, SRIO, CPRI and others.
- Technical papers authored on Serdes High Speed IO design.
- Knowledge of digital and mixed signal design methodology and design tool flow.
- Knowledge of Matlab, Verilog, System Verilog.
- Knowledge of deep-submicron design process, capabilities, and constraints.
- Ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms.
- Ability to organize and plan work to meet program deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with design team and customers
||Chandler, AZ |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED