Server Efficiency Architect Calxeda, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Responsibilities:
--Drive holistic technology strategies and architectures around cluster-optimized server power optimization and efficiency.
- SOC efficiency: Analysis and refinement related to all aspects of Server SOC power and efficiency improvements including power domains, clock domains, active power optimization, leakage power optimization, PHY power optimization.
- Board and Chassis efficiency: Analysis and refinement related to all aspects of board and chassis power efficiency including power regulation and distribution, clocking, thermal management.
--Node software efficiency.
--IPMI interfaces to node power optimizations.
--Drive technology strategies related to ACPI.
--Power optimization and configurations related to UEFI boot discovery and configuration.
--Linux node power optimizations to exploit all hardware capabilities including leveraging standard approaches such as CPUFreq, CPUIdle, PowerTop.
--Manipulation of internal bus frequencies, DDR power optimizations, and disk / storage power optimizations.
--Cluster software efficiency:
- Integration of virtualization dynamic provisioning and consolidation to drive efficiencies.
- Drive and refine Calxeda's strategies related to autonomic power and efficiency management:
- Definition of policy APIs.
- Closed loop integration with data center management systems.
- Closed loop integration with data center load balancers.
- Closed loop application power management.
--Collaborate with technology teams to drive breakthrough server efficiencies with evaluation of emerging hardware and software technologies.
--Ability to participate in prototyping of technology proposals.
--Ability to be effective in the lab developing techniques to measure and improve power efficiencies.
--You will have the responsibility to will work in a team of hardware and software architects and systems engineers performing analysis and defining next-generation architectures.
--Work closely with customers, partners, sales, and product departments.
--Ability to influence engineers, marketing, and management across the company.
--Ability to influence customer solutions across multiple product organizations through effective listening and communication skills (both written and verbal).
--BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields; advanced degree desired.
--Multiple years in an architecture role spanning hardware and software.
--Familiarity with server power optimization.
--Familiarity with ACPI.
--Familiarity with Linux internals including CPUFreq.
--Technical breadth and depth to span SOC and board level power efficiencies, to closed loop autonomic data center power management.
--Ability to prototype hardware and software proposals.
--Ability to build strong relationships with customers and partners.
--Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
Calxeda is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This role is at our Austin, TX location at Far West/Mopac
Apply for this job: http://tinyurl.com/blwt57k
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED