Server Performance Analyst Calxeda, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Do you have a passion to turn challenging ideas into technological realities? Picture yourself working in a company that is redefining an industry by delivering performance and energy savings that have never before been possible in data centers. We are a culture of innovation, offering the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry while delivering world-class products.
Calxeda is seeking a Server Performance Analyst in Austin, TX.
- Drive holistic performance analysis, optimization, and improvement across all facets of the Calxeda product line, spanning SoC architecture and micro-architecture, memory and I/O subsystems, hardware configuration, compilers and tools, Linux kernel, middle-ware, and high-value applications.
-- Including performance improvements spanning node-level performance optimization through rack-level optimizations.
- Identify, prioritize, analyze, and improve micro and macro industry standard benchmarks for scale-out micro-servers:
-- Collaborate with technology teams to drive breakthrough server efficiencies with evaluation of emerging hardware and software technologies.
-- Ability to participate in prototyping of technology proposals.
- Identify and implement performance optimizations for the entire systems software and application software stack.
- Integrate performance optimizations into existing software implementation - both internal and open source.
- Interact with leading Data Center customers and partners for solution optimization.
- Ability to be effective in the lab developing techniques to measure and identify performance inefficiencies.
- Detailed knowledge of hardware systems design, hardware interfaces and ability to collaborate with hardware engineering team.
- Develop high-confidence performance models for a high-value set of benchmarks and workloads that the architecture teams can rely on for architectural tradeoffs.
- Ability to influence engineers, marketing, and management across the company.
- Ability to influence customer solutions across multiple product organizations through effective listening and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields; advanced degree strongly desired.
- Desired experienced:
-- Experience with compiler optimization, performance analysis, and computer architecture including caching architectures.
-- Experience with both application and kernel performance profiling and performance analysis tools.
-- Experience with processor profiling using low-level processor event counters.
-- Development of performance prediction models for future servers involving a range of modeling techniques including spreadsheet, discrete event simulation, and queuing models (e.g. MVA).
-- ARM processor and ARM assembly experience valued.
-- Proficiency in C/C++, Java, and modern scripting languages.
-- Multiple years in a performance or architecture role spanning both hardware and software.
-- Deep experience with analysis and optimization of standard server benchmarks including EPA SERT, STREAMs, SPECint, SPECpower, SPECjbb, as well as standard micro-benchmarks like lmbench.
-- Solid familiarity with standard disk and network benchmarks.
-- Experience in network protocols and implementations (DNS, TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, SSL).
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and partners.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
Calxeda is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for this position: http://tinyurl.com/bndn2g7
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED