Server Side Web Engineer Telltale Games
You will join a small group of talented designers and engineers and hold a key role to develop our community and ecommerce products, as well the innovative ?connected features? that power our current and future hit games.
We?re looking for an engineer who cares above all about quality, in terms of code and final product, but also has a passion for a great user experience with a desire to ship, observe player behavior, and iterate often.
- Primarily your focus will be back-end database and systems engineering, with some middle-tier / front-end scripting to tie things together.
- You will have responsibility over the databases and services that power:
Connected / multiplayer game features and online ?bonus features?
The overall Telltalegames.com site
Game franchise sites
The robust blog and community
The ecommerce and DRM components
Customer service, reporting, and community management tools
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience with PHP or related tech, working on server-side applications
- Database mastery (ideally with MySql)
- Proven lead contributor role on a large scale, consumer-focused product
- Spectacular coding ability (ideally with PHP/Python, but Java is acceptable as well)
- Experience working with secure RESTful web services that are highly scalable
- Function well in a fast-paced, informal, egoless environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for performance is set high
- You are passionate about coding!
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Mobile experience
- Hands dirtied with frameworks such as FuelPHP, Code Igniter, Laravel, Django, etc.
- Familiar with deployment systems such as Jenkins, Gradle, Grunt
- Experience with CouchDB a plus
- Experience with Steam, iOS, XBox, PlayStation, or other gaming platforms
- Avid gamer!
||San Rafael, CA 94912 |
Telltale is the first and only digital publisher to release interactive episodic content on a monthly schedule. Their award-winning internal development studio is responsible for creating landmark episodic content, including Tales of Monkey Island, the Sam & Max series, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, and Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventure. Telltale currently develops and publishes episodic series on PC, PlayStation3, Wii, and Xbox 360, with plans to expand to additional platforms and channels this year. Investors: Granite Ventures All Jobs: at Telltale Games
|Headquarters:||San Rafael, CA 94912|
|Industry:||Media and Entertainment|
|Company Profile:||Founded in 2004 by LucasArts veterans with decades of experience, Telltale has quickly become an industry leader, establishing the model for downloadable game seasons and releasing more than 30 games to date. Telltale's titles have won numerous awards including "Adventure Game of the Year" accolades from publications such as IGN, PC Gamer, GameSpy, and Adventure Gamers, and have been recognized by mainstream outlets ranging from USA Today, to The New York Times to Variety.
The publisher's landmark Sam & Max series, based on the independent comics by Steve Purcell, paved the way for episodic gaming with two award-winning seasons available on PC, Wii, and Xbox LIVE Arcade. In 2008, Telltale launched the first episodic series available on WiiWare with Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, five adventures based on the Homestarrunner.com web cartoons. Ranked by USA Today as one of the top five downloadable games to watch in 2009, Telltale's Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures took episodic in a new direction with a series based on Aardman's globally popular franchise. Later that year, Telltale announced and launched Tales of Monkey Island, the highly-anticipated episodic return of Guybrush Threepwood in the series' first original story in nearly a decade.
Key Milestones and Accomplishments
Founded in 2004
Built a proprietary interactive storytelling technology
Funded by top-tier investors
Launched direct sales and distribution channel
Secured agreements to create premium content based on established licenses (Wallace & Gromit; Monkey Island; Sam & Max; Homestarrunner.com; Bone; CSI: Crime Scene Investigation)
Partnered with leading distributors (Time Warner / Turner Entertainment (GameTap); Yahoo Games; Steam; IGN; Big Fish; JoWooD Group; Trymedia; Wild Tangent)
Became official developer for Wii, Xbox 360 and PC
Support Telltale Games with Social Media services