Service Desk Administrator Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is looking for a Service Desk Administrator to provide technical assistance and support related to computer systems (Windows and MAC), hardware, and software. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing organization with a bright future.
Helpdesk Administrators are responsible for responding to queries, completing diagnostic triage, isolating problems as well as providing and implementing sound solutions.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries either in person or via email.
- Write training materials: How-To documents, FAQ's, etc.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Triage problems by asking appropriate questions to determine the nature of problem.
- Walk remote users through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Configure new users' systems
- Responsible for all Splunk assets providing break/fix services and configuration for new deployments
- Maintaining & Troubleshooting corporate printers and phone system
- Mobile Device Management (IOS, Android and Windows 8)
- Engaged in testing and implementing new technologies in the environment
Education: Got it!
- Must be detail oriented, task driven, and have excellent communication skills
- Troubleshooting Macintosh hardware (PPC & Intel)
- Troubleshooting Windows hardware
- Knowledge of Mac OS 10.x in a workgroup environment
- Application Support including: MS Office 2004/2008
- Experience with asset management a plus
- Experience with ARD (Apple Remote Desktop) and GSX (Global Service Exchange) a plus
- Remote user support experience a plus
- Ideally a Bachelors or foreign equivalent in Computer Science
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has 5,600 customers in over 90 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk now has over 800 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco with offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED