Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. In Q1 of 2013 Tesla has delivered more than 10,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Tesla's Model S is the world's first premium sedan designed and engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle and was named Automobile Magazine's 2013 Automobile of the YearÂ® and Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the YearÂ®.
- Work closely with Service/Field Technicians and Software Engineers on triaging customer reported issues with car software.
- Keep track of issues reported through different channels and identify patterns and trends.
- Directly interface with customers participating in beta programs to gather information for troubleshooting, and ensure a great user experience.
- Reproduce issues on developer cars to collect debugging data.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in EE, CS, CE, or a similar technical field (equivalent working experience might qualify)
- 2+ years experience as a Service Engineer, Field Application Engineer, SQA Engineer, or a similar role
- Ability to handle a number of service requests in parallel and link them to known issues
- Outstanding organizational skills and obsessed with great user experience
- Experience with separating hardware from software issues a great plus
- Comfortable with reading car log files manually or in an automated fashion to perform 1st level root cause analysis
- Prior exposure to testing any of the following technologies a plus: wireless systems (3G/4G, WiFi, Bluetooth), audio systems, power management, location/navigation software, and/or touchscreen devices
- Linux working experience a plus
- Valid US drivers license
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Location:||Deer Creek, AR |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|